About ESET Remote Administrator console

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products' started by univers63, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. univers63

univers63 Registered Member

Hello,

Can i modify the update interval of the clients from ESET Remote Administrator console?

Thanks for your help

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

Clients have a default 1 hour interval to look for updates. You can extend this interval by changing the scheduled task for checking for updates. The interval cannot be set to less than a hour. You can also enable tasks that will check for updates when a dial-up/vpn connection is established or a user logs on.

3. univers63

univers63 Registered Member

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. As i have 100 users on my network i want to know if i can change this parameter (interval to look for updates) from the ESET Remote Administrator console not from the client.

Thanks for your help

4. PRJUS

PRJUS Guest

Hi!

In the console you can pull in a configuration from one of your clients, edit it in the Configuration Editor (look under ESET Kernel\Setup\Scheduler/Planner), save the configuration in an XML file and then create a task in the console that pushes the new configuration out to all the clients you select.

It's rather important to start with a configuration that you pull from one of the clients and not create your own because each scheduled task on the client has it's own ID and if you just start with an empty configuration creating your own schedules you will probably end up with duplicate tasks on the clients.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.