aaCenter.exe really neaded?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by PiCo, May 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

aaCenter.exe is a service that comes with ASUS motherboard and I think it monitors stuff like temperature, voltages, etc.

The annoying thing is it allways runs between 1%-10% CPU usage, never leaving my pc to completetly idle.

So I opened Task Scheduler (as aaCenter.exe cannot be found in services.msc or msconfig.exe) went to ASUS and disabled task ASUS ACPI service provider.
    Presto, no aaCenter.exe on stratup!

Do you think this will cost me? I mean, does it do anything else other than monitoring the motherboard? Anything important for the performance of my pc?

Thank you :)

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

recently i reinstalled vista and never installed any of the asus utilitys and its working fine.

3. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I have 12 utilities for my MSI motherboard. I tried them one time, to see what it was, then I removed them as informative ballast. ;)

4. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

I have this aacenter too I really dont know what good it does. I was annoyed with it coz it kept writing to the hard drive constantly.
    No harm in killing the process. I have overclocked my cpu. Maybe it is needed when running the asus utilities but I have disabled it with my process monitor software (I dont know how it is started) coz I use the utilities very seldom.

5. PiCo

PiCo Registered Member

I liked the term "informative ballast"!

I'm glad you all agree that such services are not needed. I was very happy to see my CPU today balancing between 00%-01% when all my every day programs were closed, instead of the constant 10% aaCenter.exe gave me!

:cool:

6. gelcat

gelcat Registered Member

go to>
    C:\program files\ASUS\AASP\1.00.32 and rename all ".exe" in ".xxx"
    the program doesn't work and if yuou need it some day it's still there.
    I dsabled it 2 weeks ago and everything is OK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.