A2

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by maddawgz, Apr 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I updated A2 after like 2months..decided to give it a run scan......it picked up 300 items being incredimailo_O how thats a legit program I've used for months..!! :eek:

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Have you tried a scan with another anti-trojan, like Ewido o_O
    Does it still pick that up?
    Could be false positives too, so best to address it with A2's developer. :)

FWIW Incredimail may not be spyware itself, but I sure won't use it anymore, being a former registered user.
    Won't state the reasons why, because I've posted it already several times. ;)

3. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

Every detector is vulnerable at one point or another for FW's but A2 Squared is a veteran in this industry and if it's picking up a good quantity of files to alert you to then theres a great chance you have what they are indicating. Review those findings and do a google search on each of them or even notify the A2 Squared Forums of your concerns if you feel the need.

4. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Ran A2 a few days ago and my system which includes incredimail came back clean.However, when i began trialing Online Armor, it indicated that a part of incredimail had keylogging abilities which Online Armor is now blocking.So this could be what A2 is picking up if it's not being blocked.By the way, Online Armor, great program!.

5. azumi21

azumi21 Registered Member

I cleaned a well used computer with ewido a few weeks ago.
    Had tons of infections from this "incredimail".

And if Online Armor also says it's bad.

With A2 that's 3 strikes.
    Clear sign to get rid of it.

6. MikeNash

MikeNash Security Expert

Online Armor is picking up the possibility that a program could record your keystrokes. It does not necessarily mean that the program is malicious, just that the program will receive every keystroke.

Some programs use this as a means of idle detection - no keyboard or mouse activity in the last 'n' minutes means you are away. Some programs use it to record keystrokes and steal passwords :)

The reason more programs don't alert is because of the whitelist - we have some plans over the coming weeks to dramatically increase the size of the whitelist in OA.

Mike

7. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

Sorry Mike.

You worded it correctly.I didn't.Looking forward to trialing your whole suite including firewall.

8. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

is online armour replacing msoft antispyware?? do i need both?....... wanted to try online for a while....as for A2 i think its strange they just added IM!! I love IM and am not getting rid of it i love my sounds and fun email....... OE is to boring!!... IM has never given me hassles since i use hotmail through IM and have hotmail settings junk to exclusive never been spammed!! So works great... ahh well choices .. MD

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  9. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

It's a decision only you can make.I will continue to use Incredimail only if i able to continue to block what Online armor is blocking.Check out Online Armor's home page and support forums.They will also be adding an AV with the KAV engine and are creating "their own" firewall.It's unbelievable how light this program is.Give it a try.

10. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Ummm... to return to the thread topic (which is A2, not OA) I wouldn't use Incredimail without doing a lot more research about its notoriety for security issues. A simple Google search turned up lots of questions about Incredimail's security and privacy policies. Examples are...
    this,
    and this,
    and this,
    and this,
    and (from Langalist) this.

These issues may have been fixed, but -- between Incredimail & A2 -- I vote for A2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.