a worm in my spywareblaster folder

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by charly921, Jun 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charly921

charly921 Registered Member

Today McAfee found a worm in my spywareblaster update file :O. It cleaned the file, and prompted for me to scan the computer, which I did. I'm sorry to say that I didn't note the worm, but it was something like "bgot." Are you aware of this problem? McAfee did find the worm also present in a windows folder and also cleaned that file. Would appreciate any info you can provide as to how this critter did what ever it was it did. Thanks.

2. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Are your McAfee definitions right up to date? Earlier this week there were problems with a definitions update which gave false-positives for -- and auto-deleted -- critical components of several security programs, including SB. A newer update has (I hear) corrected that problem.

I don't use McAfee myself, so sorry I can't give versions/dates involved. But there's a major thread on the SB forum which will give you more details.

Best,
    Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.