a very good software from china

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sololp, Jul 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minacross

minacross Registered Member

Is the Rising firewall freeo_O if yes, from where can I d/l it?
    thnx :)

2. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

thank you.I realized Twister is Filseclab's product.A chinese software.I didn't use it.But I heard others said it is a good software.But is it not free?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  3. cqpreson

cqpreson Registered Member

I remembered Rising firewall was no free.If you want to use it,you have to have its key.My friend used all Rising's softwares long long ago.

4. zen_usuario

zen_usuario Registered Member

5. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

This statements makes me wonder if Stefan really deserves his rank as AV expert, because an expert is not only defined by knowledge, but also by manners. Just because you are more expierenced doesn't give you the right to throw proofless arguments into the room, I can only agree with DJMaligno.

After all, chinese products were always pretty laggy at first glance, but I also know that chinese people aren't lazy and always trying to keep up with more advanced countries. I do see a lot of potential, just to mention a positive element with regards to the topic.

6. DjMaligno

DjMaligno Hispasec/VirusTotal

I don't have any doubt about Stefan's professionality. All references I've got from him (from other guys in the industry, including 'competence') are simply excellent. Imho, the inherent - and probably brutal - stress of work inside AV labs sometines can make people say things in a rush so to say. The prize for fighting a never-ending war?

7. thathagat

thathagat Guest

ummm......zen and the art of av selling needs to be written...:doubt:

8. DjMaligno

If you think I work for an AV vendor, you're extremelly wrong.

9. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Nothing that comes from China can be very good .I look at my hardware ,that fails all the time ,and it has a nice Made in China sticker :eek: .

10. DjMaligno

That's also generalization bullshit.

11. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Did you ever bought computer hardware or you re using NetCafes or the PC at work to post your crap ?

12. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

If he had started the sentence with Unfortunately it wouldn't have seemed so much like a boast. LOL

Seems to have inspired such a response.

Still an interesting point of view. Sorry to whom this might offend :)

13. DjMaligno

No, I'm writing my crap in a keyboard-enhanced can of baked beans.

14. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

These allegations have been going on ever since the antivirus industry has become a multi million dollar business around the world. The million dollar question is who is actually financing these shadowy guys? It's pretty obvious to me, what the answer is and who the players are.

15. bonedriven

bonedriven Registered Member

Sorry but where did you get that impression from?

IMHO,we have top programers,but pitifully,we may not have sober users equally. That's why marketing is more important than making quality softwares here.

16. thathagat

thathagat Guest

well making quality softwares creates its own niche if not sooner then later but marketing hype with anecdotal mumbo-jumbo cannot sustain an inferior product...

17. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

Then why did you bought it? I hate those China-Quality discussions. The opponents argue that China's products have a lack of professionality and quality, but still, about 90 % of these people buy chinese products.

Also, I have seen a lot of top products from China, you have to explain what you mean with the term ''product''; are you refering to certain kind of devices, food, clothes or what? If you say that NOTHING is good what China has to offer, then you are simply ignorant and not yet ready for this conversation.

18. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Why is this thread not locked yet ? Its going downhill fast!:thumbd:

19. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

its only going downhill because of the over-emotional Chinese patriots who seem to be in this thread and can't take any criticism whatsoever...

20. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't most Chinese products owned by American companies who produce their product in China per their company specifications, and then ship them back home thereby saving money in production costs? You know, the products Americans used to produce. These are the American companies who print "Made in China" on their product packaging.

21. Jin K

Jin K Registered Member

i really dont know why people underestimating chinese AVs ??

i find some of them are very good especially in term of hips and behavior blockers they are much better than some big AVs !!

22. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Free? No.
    A lifetime license is currently advertised at $29.99 in US dollars.

23. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning! This observation is in reference to Communication. It's not only companies from China but Europe as well. If you want to create a favourable impression with the North American market,you need to open a North American Branch staffed with Knowledgeable Sales and Support personnel,being fully conversant with the product they're representing,this way being customer focused,not Marketing focused! Even if they have support forums,the intent of your message is often misinterpreted by individuals that understand and communicate in English as a second language. And trying to resolve a support issue by e-mail provided someone gets back to you within ten business days is a complete waste of your time,certainly the direct opposite of an effective customer focused experience. The ugly trend in Outsourcing that's surfaced in the past decade has to experience a reverse trend, if the Chinese and Europeans want to Market and capture potential new customers in a still vibrant and established North American marketplace. Concise Clearly Understood Communication. Equates Success! Sincerely...Securon.

24. Wildest

Wildest Registered Member

I see nothing inherently offensive in this post.

Stefan raised an important point: Why is a chinese antivirus program packed and patched exactly like malware writers do?

When you combine his observation with the quote, "chinese malware is the most complex", any rational person should start to wonder.
    Instead of focusing on this message, all I see is focus on the messenger, about his professionalism, expertise, etc.
    Pretty poor line of reasoning from others, IMO.

25. Zimzi

Zimzi Registered Member

I think that this is a very incorrect statement that I never expected from the Stefan. I am not Chinese but in my opinion antimalware software from China have great potential and in a short period of time will be among the best on the market.

I have certain experience too. When I send a malware sample (or false positive report) to Avira usually pass 2-3 days for a confirmation that the sample is new malware and at least 2-3 days more so as to be added to the signatures database. When I send the same sample to Filseclab (Twister Anti-TrojanVirus) they send a reply and add signature within a few hours, sometimes even when it is night time in China.

What does it tell us? That the German authors of antimalware software are lazy and without motive for the further development of their software? I do not think so. It would be incorect and even dangerous generalization.

To make it clear, I use Avira for 8 years as my primary antimalware software and, OK, if I am funboy, as someone can think, then I would like to be Avira funboy. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.