A Very Close Look at Comodo Dragon

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by shuverisan, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shuverisan

shuverisan Registered Member

As a follow-up to learning more about Chrome, Chromium and Iron a while back, I took some time to scrape around for info on Dragon. It turns out to be pretty decent, I think. I found some CertSentry registry switches and I spent a lot of Wireshark time with Dragon to see if it misbehaves.

I'm not a full time Dragon user so if anyone who is has some input, please do tell.

http://www.thesimplecomputer.info/comodo-dragon.html

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Dragon is probably the only Chromium based browser other than Google Chrome that actually does something different.

3. burebista

burebista Registered Member

I was a hardcore Firefox user (since it was called Phoenix/Firebird). Then I met Dragon. Dumped Firefox since then.
    For me Dragon has same features as Firefox but the speed... Oh the speed...

4. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I use Dragon as of the last couple of months when I switched from IE9.I like it a lot and its fast for sure. I just dont use the comodo DNS,I use Norton DNS instead.

5. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I just started using Dragon. Much better & easier to use than Chromium, Chrome & Iron ime.

But theres some things I can't figure out. I'm using Speed Dial 2 & Tabs to the front! extensions. When I click on a Speed Dial 2 entry it opens in new tab but leaves a Speed Dial 2 empty tab to the lft of the open tab. Happens with or without Tttf!. Don't want that.

I desire Dragon to have all the Opera features I'm used to.

When rt click a link I want: Open, Open in a New Tab, Open in a Background Tab, Open in a New Window, Open in a Background Window, Bookmark Link, Copy Link Address, Save Linked Content As..., Save to Download Folder & Inspect Element.

When I lft click a link or Bookmark I want it to Open in a New Tab. Currently opens in same Tab.

I want Bookmarks to open list directly. As of now it's - Bookmarks - Imported from OPERA - root. Then the list of Bookmarks. Too indirect, too much pointer accuracy needed when I'm tired. I want to point to Bookmarks then scroll click & open in a new tab. Kind of lame now.

I want two mouse Gestures. When I hold rt button & move to rt page goes forward, to lft & page goes backwards. Should be simple.

I want PW manager to make UN/PW boxes outlined if PWs are remembered. I want a Wand or something to click that'll enter the UN/PW.

That's it for now.

6. shuverisan

shuverisan Registered Member

@zapjb
    You want a lot of things you won't be able to get without using more extensions or maybe a program like Lastpass, etc, and I have no experience with the ones you're mentioning.

As for the bookmarks, open the bookmark manager and expand the Imported from Opera dropdown. Select them all and drag them into Other Bookmarks, then delete the empty Opera bookmark folder. You can also pick which ones you want in the bookmarks tab and the second New Tab page. Drag & drop them into there and each will make its own button.

7. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

8. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Thanks for the Bookmarks tip. Worked. I need the other functions of Opera as well. Mouse only browsing as much as possible is what I'm after.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.