A thankyou to Paolo Monti and a thought for ESET?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Elwood, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwood

Elwood Registered Member

I want to express my heartfelt gratitude to Paolo Monti for releasing his WMF patch for Win9x to the public. I know there are differing opinions as to the exploitability of this hole in Win9x, but even if there is no way right now to exploit the hole, there may be in the future and hopefully this patch will help people. I know it gives me a feeling of extra security while surfing the internet.

Thank you, Paolo Monti.

If ESET could continue to release patches or even service packs for Win9x after Microsoft drops support, there is no telling at the amount of good-will it would generate. People that have older computers or without the money to "upgrade" to XP or who just don't want to would probably flock to NOD32 for their security solution(s). I recommend NOD32 to people with Win9x systems anyway because it runs so well for me on my ME system.

I'm sorry if this is not considered to be of a support nature, but I felt I needed to post this here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.