A Squared Free

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Suggers, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Suggers

Suggers Guest

I use A-squared free on my desktop, but want to use it on my laptop too. Can I download another copy with the same free account, or do I need to register a seperate free account?
    Thanks

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

You can download another copy with the same free account

3. Suggers

Suggers Guest

Thanks

4. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

I am now using A squared 2 free because I dont want the large 'footprint' left by the realtime guard. However, I notice now that each time I update the programme I ALWAYS get a popup to restart my PC which never happened with the 1.6.5 version or the full version.
    Should this be happening or am I being paranoid thinking that this is a form of nagscreen ?
    regards Gordon

5. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Well it's not happening here. When I updated version 1.65 and it downloaded and upgraded to version 2.0, that involved uninstalling and installing and I was required to restart on those two occasions. Since then I have not received a restart pop-up when I update version 2.0.

The free version of A2 is a different program from the paid for version (that was not the case with 1.65) so I would suggest you uninstall, reboot, (use a reg cleaner if necessary), then install a fresh copy of A2, making sure you are using the new free version and not a trial of the paid version.

6. ghodgson

ghodgson Registered Member

Thanks Topper that seems to have fixed it. So far no more "restart your computer" when updating the signatures.
    cheers Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.