A-Squared Antimalware or Mamutu?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

my trial licence for mamutu will expired soon like in feb 27 some thing like that,now i have asquare for one year given to me as a gift:D ;) :thumb:
    ok back to the theme:D i really like mamutu and i know asquare has mamutu built in ,is asquare safe to use,like i mean cause i read some thing like asquare quarentine the explore.exe in some ones pc,i found this very unconvinient so is it safe to use?never use it here.
    note:mamutu runs very good with defensewall,what about asquare?thanks

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Re: AsQuare Antimalware or Mamutu?

If you leave a-squared's default behaviour to apply community behaviour settings where 90 per cent of the community have chosen a specific action, then if explorer.exe pops up, it will quickly disappear and never appear again. Just leave its default settings and you won't have a problem.

The explorer.exe can quite often become infected by a virus, so having it monitored (making sure its the C:\Windows file) is no big deal. Well, that's my understanding.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very scary:D

4. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Christian or someone else may explain it, as I don't have the expertise.

I know one guy whose explorer.exe process was infected with trojan and Kaspersky, Nod32, Avira (installed after system was infected - should have had either of these installed already, but all flagged explorer.exe), couldn't prevent another user from having full access of his system. Couldn't even move his mouse without a 10 second delay. Even his bank contacted him and said there were repeated attempts to log into his internet banking account. Finally performed a full re-install.

Anyway, I don't think you'll have any problem if you use the default settings.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i just downloaded but i removed the comunity base reduction alert offo_O
    and also the paranoid mode off tooo_O and activate the intelligent alert reduction;) and for the active surf protection i check all to alert:cool: not to block,no pop ups so far:D

6. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

A Squared 4 uses the Ikarus engine which has more FPs than most - but the plus side is that it has been proven to detect new and modified malware better than any / all other scanners.

The number of FPs has dropped significantly due to fedback from users and it being fine tuned. I dont get any FPs with it now, but Im still safe from new threats and modified malware.

Its up to you how you configure A2, but I have disabled both the "create a rule" options under the "comunity based alert reduction" feature in the background guard (leave the comunity based alert reduction box ticked - but untick the two sub boxes) - with this setting, it will not automatically make the rule for you, but it will allow you to see what other users decided - but leaves you to make your own decision in the light of this info.

MZ

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Many Thanks:thumb:

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i scan my pc with asquare antimalware and all it found was 5 tracking cookies:thumb: thats mean that defensewall it is doing its job at blocking malware:thumb:

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

JMonge,

When you set intelligent alert reduction to ON, it will fail some Proof Of Concepts. Using DefenseWall + A2 Squared will offer you very high protection. But that wll also be the end of play time :'(

Cheers

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks kees for info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.