A-Squared Antimalware or Mamutu?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

my trial licence for mamutu will expired soon like in feb 27 some thing like that,now i have asquare for one year given to me as a gift:D ;) :thumb:
    ok back to the theme:D i really like mamutu and i know asquare has mamutu built in ,is asquare safe to use,like i mean cause i read some thing like asquare quarentine the explore.exe in some ones pc,i found this very unconvinient so is it safe to use?never use it here.
    note:mamutu runs very good with defensewall,what about asquare?thanks

2. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Re: AsQuare Antimalware or Mamutu?

If you leave a-squared's default behaviour to apply community behaviour settings where 90 per cent of the community have chosen a specific action, then if explorer.exe pops up, it will quickly disappear and never appear again. Just leave its default settings and you won't have a problem.

The explorer.exe can quite often become infected by a virus, so having it monitored (making sure its the C:\Windows file) is no big deal. Well, that's my understanding.

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very scary:D

4. Saraceno

Saraceno Registered Member

Christian or someone else may explain it, as I don't have the expertise.

I know one guy whose explorer.exe process was infected with trojan and Kaspersky, Nod32, Avira (installed after system was infected - should have had either of these installed already, but all flagged explorer.exe), couldn't prevent another user from having full access of his system. Couldn't even move his mouse without a 10 second delay. Even his bank contacted him and said there were repeated attempts to log into his internet banking account. Finally performed a full re-install.

Anyway, I don't think you'll have any problem if you use the default settings.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i just downloaded but i removed the comunity base reduction alert offo_O
    and also the paranoid mode off tooo_O and activate the intelligent alert reduction;) and for the active surf protection i check all to alert:cool: not to block,no pop ups so far:D

6. Max Zorin

Max Zorin Former Poster

A Squared 4 uses the Ikarus engine which has more FPs than most - but the plus side is that it has been proven to detect new and modified malware better than any / all other scanners.

The number of FPs has dropped significantly due to fedback from users and it being fine tuned. I dont get any FPs with it now, but Im still safe from new threats and modified malware.

Its up to you how you configure A2, but I have disabled both the "create a rule" options under the "comunity based alert reduction" feature in the background guard (leave the comunity based alert reduction box ticked - but untick the two sub boxes) - with this setting, it will not automatically make the rule for you, but it will allow you to see what other users decided - but leaves you to make your own decision in the light of this info.

MZ

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Many Thanks:thumb:

8. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i scan my pc with asquare antimalware and all it found was 5 tracking cookies:thumb: thats mean that defensewall it is doing its job at blocking malware:thumb:

9. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

JMonge,

When you set intelligent alert reduction to ON, it will fail some Proof Of Concepts. Using DefenseWall + A2 Squared will offer you very high protection. But that wll also be the end of play time :'(

Cheers

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks kees for info

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.