a-squared antimalware 3.0

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by greenhorn113, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

I am trialing FSIS 2008, but also have a 12 month license for a-squared antimalware 3.0, but does it offer any additional protection to the suite,or is it a duplication of protection and drain on resources?
    I am unable to run my preferred setup due to being unable to install Kaspersky antivirus possibly due to a registry corruption after previously having KIS 7.0 installed, and even the help by Kaspersky tech staff hasn't solved the problem,so I am trying to run solid protection that is complementary without issues,I like the 2008 suite which appears to run fine and apart from a-squared am also running ThreatFire,Sandboxie and have Returnil installed.
    I still favour Internet Explorer 7 and also keep Spyware blaster updated.
    I think I have a decent protection setup but would appreciate advice from those more knowledgable in this sphere particularly of any overkill.
    Finally I am a fairly safe surfer but after online banking etc I always run internet cleanup software.
    Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

IMHO f-secure is more than enough for realtime.
    sandboxie is a nice extra layer of protection.
    have you gone in to internet explorer advanced options and ticked the do not save encrypted pages to disc?
    threatfire could conflict with f-secure deepguard. since they are both HIPS
    f-secure did slow my computer down but it never let me down in blocking malware.
    lodore

Last edited: Oct 17, 2007
  3. greenhorn113

Thanks for the advice I will look at that,I do use Firefox with add ons at times but still prefer IE 7.
    I will keep an eye on the possible conflict with the Hips but my other option is Outpost Pro 4.0 with F-Secure Antivirus,I have a license for the firewall which is my favourite,my ideal was pairing it with Kaspersky AV but its not an option at the moment and I have settled on F-Secure as my alternative but I will have to check what features are missing compared to the suite excluding firewall of course.

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

5. greenhorn113

Thanks again,much appreciated.
    Hips did appear to conflict so If I stay with the suite Threatfire will stay disabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.