A-squared Anti-Malware questions

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I have a license for A-squared AM and was wondering if someone could answer a few questions for me before I install. I have a laptop core 2 duo, 2 gb, Vista home basic.

How much resources does AS use when realtime is used? Also, can the realtime AS somehow be disabled and just leave the IDS running? Also, does it block ads or just spyware?

Thanks

2. lucas1985

lucas1985 Retired Moderator

It blocks ad/spyware, trojans, worms and other malware. For your other questions, I don't know because I never used A2 AM real-time, although I don't think that you can disable the signature scanning and keep only the behaviour blocker/IDS.

3. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

A-squared will show a memory usage of over 25,000K in Task Manager with it's two processes running. However it runs very light. I used Avast and ThreatFire with it without any slowdowns. The Emsisoft User Forum is very friendly as well and if you have any concerns they answer rather quickly there. I like a-squared and now use Mamutu which is the IDS part of a-squared. The a-squared GUI is very easy to get around in and very informative. I think you will be pleased with A-squared and hope you like it.

4. acr1965

I think I will give it a shot on my lappy and see how things go.

thanks all

5. acr1965

One couple more questions- I believe that Mamutu is part of ASAM- the IDS part? Anyway, does the IDS monitor internet connections and, if so, how does it do against leak tests?

6. Matern

Matern Registered Member

Yes, it can moniter outgoing (backdoor) internet conections.

7. acr1965

Has anyone tested it or are there results anywhere that someone could post a link?
    thanks

8. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

One thing I can tell you is that

A=squared AM's trojan detection/removal rate is the better one among others, such as SAS pro, TH, BoClean, AVG AS.

I have post a test result here, illustrating the details.

Unfortunately, it was removed due to the link to the test samples.

Anyway, I am using it right now, and having no complaints re FP and etc.

You know this is a funny situation I am in; I would have never considered to purchase it. There are so many freewares out there, why bother ?

But since it is free for one year, it gives me a great golden opportunity to sample it, and so far so good.

Any great application, IMO, if it never reaches out to the end users, it will remain as is--good but stays at server.

Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.