A-squared Anti-Malware 2 false positives

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by duke1959, Dec 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke1959

duke1959 Very Frequent Poster

Found one Trace.File Internet Access in Windows/System32 named an eselleratecontrol350dll. And a second Trace.File NGC ActiveSpy Xp in Windows/System32 named an armaccessdll. Andreas told me he would add them to the software base as they are false positives, but I'm still getting them with a scan. The first one is used for buying things on line i think, but I can't remember what Andreas posted as to what the other one was. I think it had to with esellerate and Clarion. I don't need either of these on my PC, and understand Prevx 1 called armaccess dll bad as well, but a google should show both Traces to be legit. SuperAntiSpyware and AVG Anti-Spyware do not find these in my Sys32 Folder.

2. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

3. duke1959

Thanks fcukdat, I did send them to a-squared and they agreed they were legit. It's just that a-squared still detects them. I will remove them manually and put them in recycle bin. My wife use to also use this PC and has purchased things on line so I'm sure that's where the ecellaratecontrol351 dll. came from. not sure how armaccess dll. got on though. both are in my Windows System32 Folder and I can delete then from there. just ran AVG AS again and nothing found.

4. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

I can tell you of a fact that ArmAccess.dll belongs in a Program Files folder named SourceTec which houses SoThink Quicker which is a Macromedia (Adobe now) flash file editor! I should know because i worked with flash files w/ this program for years now & still do.

There's no reason that particular .dll should be anyplace else IMO except it's been duplicated and is malware of some sort.

5. duke1959

Ok EASTER.2010, but I'm just telling people what Andreas of a-squared posted in here somewhere awhile back. I will remove this from Windows/System32 Folder though, as you have convinced me it shouldn't be there. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.