A-Squared and Process Memory Scan

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Defenestration, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Why does the Mem usage of each process increase to it's Peak Mem Usage (or very near it) when A-squared performs it's Process memory scan ?

I can guess that it's because the scan forces all memory used by the process to be paged back into RAM. If this is the case, I have to ask why no other scanner I'm running has the same effect when performing Process memory scans ?

Also, to save me from creating a separate thread, I have a couple of requests for A-squared:

1) All Process memory space should not be scanned everytime a file is scanned.

2) It should be possible to right-click a file and scan with A-squared, instead of only being able to select a folder for scanning.

2. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

There is currently only one other memory scanner that really scans the WHOLE process memory for code injected by Backdoors like Flux etc. - its ewido and you will see exactly the same beheaviour there.

The scanner options will be saved with v1.7.

I will ask Pascal to change that for the next version, too.

3. iwod

iwod Registered Member

?? i thought 2.0 is coming out?

4. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

Maybe you can change your sig :D

5. Defenestration

Defenestration Registered Member

Thanks Andreas. That's what I thought was happening but just wanted confirmation.

Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.