A-squard,s slow scan!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by aigle, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just recently installed free versions of Ewido and A-squaed. i just felttaht a- squard scan ic really so slow as compared to Ewido, I terminated thescan before it could be comleted. I wonder what is the reason for that. There must be some option for quickscan.

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

A-squared scans my computer files (8+ gigs) in about 2 hours. I start the scan when I go to sleep. It's all done when I awaken for my first of ~4 nightly she-she runs (bad prostate).

@aigle --- Surely you sleep once in a while? Just let A-squared do its thing while thou snoozeth. Shazam!!!! :)

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

20min here :D

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s a big difference, how much is your HD and other specifications.

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

One of the advantages with a2 is that you can schedule a scan to start while you're sleeping with the Windows task scheduler. Set it to scan in the middle of the night, then review the results when you wake up :)

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think i will not bother for all this headache when I have alternative. I have downloaded its free version but I don,t think that i will ever run its full scan. Also the updates are really big on dialup.

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

A2 Squared does take some time to fully investigate a system, i normally let it scan when i don't have a need to use the PC for an hour or so.

Personally i like the fact that it goes at the rate it does because it seems to fish things out where the other scanners might have missed and does it in a detailed report too.

The scan engine so far as i know has always performed at the velocity some of you indicate but that's something some will accept and others don't.

I do feel for you about the download thingy though, dial-up can't D/L anything very fast at the 56 rate it has.

8. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

mmm...any facts and screenshots proving this statement?

Actually, there's no need for such a slow velocity - give ewido a try and you'll notice the difference. A2 may well be redesigning their engine at this very moment - at least rumor goes Andreas Haak is working on that one...

All sortalike softwares use incremental way of updating nowadays. For the benefit of their users - and saving on bandwidth costs for themselves as well. No need for bot users and vendor to stick to the stone ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.