A-squard,s slow scan!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by aigle, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Just recently installed free versions of Ewido and A-squaed. i just felttaht a- squard scan ic really so slow as compared to Ewido, I terminated thescan before it could be comleted. I wonder what is the reason for that. There must be some option for quickscan.

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

A-squared scans my computer files (8+ gigs) in about 2 hours. I start the scan when I go to sleep. It's all done when I awaken for my first of ~4 nightly she-she runs (bad prostate).

@aigle --- Surely you sleep once in a while? Just let A-squared do its thing while thou snoozeth. Shazam!!!! :)

3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

20min here :D

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

That,s a big difference, how much is your HD and other specifications.

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

One of the advantages with a2 is that you can schedule a scan to start while you're sleeping with the Windows task scheduler. Set it to scan in the middle of the night, then review the results when you wake up :)

6. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think i will not bother for all this headache when I have alternative. I have downloaded its free version but I don,t think that i will ever run its full scan. Also the updates are really big on dialup.

7. EASTER.2010

EASTER.2010 Guest

A2 Squared does take some time to fully investigate a system, i normally let it scan when i don't have a need to use the PC for an hour or so.

Personally i like the fact that it goes at the rate it does because it seems to fish things out where the other scanners might have missed and does it in a detailed report too.

The scan engine so far as i know has always performed at the velocity some of you indicate but that's something some will accept and others don't.

I do feel for you about the download thingy though, dial-up can't D/L anything very fast at the 56 rate it has.

8. Wolfe

Wolfe Registered Member

mmm...any facts and screenshots proving this statement?

Actually, there's no need for such a slow velocity - give ewido a try and you'll notice the difference. A2 may well be redesigning their engine at this very moment - at least rumor goes Andreas Haak is working on that one...

All sortalike softwares use incremental way of updating nowadays. For the benefit of their users - and saving on bandwidth costs for themselves as well. No need for bot users and vendor to stick to the stone ages.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.