A Small Thankyou to You All

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by avman1995, Feb 2, 2017.

1. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

I wanted to just put out my heart-felt thanks for all of you who have helped me grow as a geek and who taught me what I needed to be know.

Whether its the testers (IBK,Cruelsister),the forum members the mods,the AV experts (vlk,stefan) I got to learn alot from you guys and I want continue to be here and contribute.

You guys have changed my life.I am grateful.

Thankyou so much!!

2. gery

gery Registered Member

are you moving out ?

3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I don't think @true indian is moving away from us because of this being said:

4. ance

ance formerly: fmon

I think true indian will go from India to Czech Republic. :thumb:

5. Deckard

Deckard Registered Member

That's nice to say, true indian. Thanks for them.
    I worked since some days on Bouncer (Excubits); for that, I read most of the posts (MemProtect, Bouncer, ...) and it helped me a lot. Firstly to be informed of the existence of the software and secondly for all the experience shared; a wealth of informations. On this specific subject, a big 'thank you' to @WildByDesign, @4Shizzle, @Windows_Security, etc, who shared a lot, for free.
    It's of course the same thing for others posts, on others subjects, with other participants.
    Sometimes people complain and give the impression of never being happy. Sometimes also they are very satisfied to find all the information and experiences shared, but, they don't say it, or with more difficulties maybe.
    Not these few lines to talk about my person but to participate in this "Thank you".

6. Last year I was in Myanmar and a monk told me that 'thanking people' is part of Hinduism and Buddhism culture, but westerners have trouble thanking people and accepting thanks (because of Western egalitarian society). He asked me to thank someone who had helped me in the passed when I returned home. I followed his advice to thank a person, without knowing that person had a hard time at the moment, so my "thank you" was timed perfectly. Bottom line: keep an open mind and eye to things and sometimes take a different approach in dealing with business and people.

I promised to never waive away thank you's, so @Deckard merci beaucoup, pour votre compliment :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2017
  7. Mr.X

Mr.X Registered Member

I am Mexican, a quasi western culture I would say imo. However I have no trouble to be grateful and say/write thanks to those who helped me.

So following @true indian example, I say Thank you all, you know who you are. :geek:

8. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

There was an excellent business book written back in the 60's called Up the Organization by Robert Townsend. He was the one that turned Avis into a major player. He said that thank you's was one the most under utilized methods of compensation. Works well in business.

And like others what I've learned here can't be purchased

9. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Also in Buddhist teachings it is suggested to give thanks for everything that makes your life a lesser burden, so for example even when entering and/or leaving a room that is helpful, one briefly stops and gives thanks that the room is there. Mindfulness is the mother of wisdom.

10. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

true indian started a trend! Thanks to all for the valuable advice and learning experiences, I am grateful. :)

11. I drove through Mexico for two months in a Volkswagen Beetle 25 years ago, My son was only 7 weeks old. Mexicans were very kind because I looked at Mexico as first world country (great health care, you had ATM's when we still had to go to banks in the Netherlands) but Mexicans looked up to the Western World. The Dutch live beside Germany, we are one of the few countries who have a trade surplus with Germany, Mexico has a trade suplus with the United States. I would say it is time to grow some attitude for Mexicans (Dutch are blunt by birth ;) ) and call yourself a Western Mayan Hispanic culture. Also your history goes way further back (Chitzen Itza is one of the marvels of the world). Last but not least: Budweiser is a rip-off of the Tjech original and owned by Belgians while Modelo and 4x taste great :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2017
  12. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

Nice post.

I've been having a different problem the last ~5yrs. Nobody can admit they're wrong & ask for forgiveness. I actually ended a very long friendship because of this. People's egos are way out of hand.

13. VecchioScarpone

VecchioScarpone Registered Member

Some 25 years ago freshly back to Australia after four years of soul searching in India, I took up a door to door sales job. On my first sale, when the person agreed to buy a $ 25 picture, I naturally joined my palms and did a light bow to thanks that person.
    By the look on the person eyes I realized that that gesture of mine was gonna costing me the sale. I had few more similar experience and stopped doing that with strangers.
    Unfortunately humility and gratefulness is often misconstrue as weakness. Which is a shame.

Thanks "true indian" for reminding me of how fulfilling is to be grateful. :)

14. avman1995

avman1995 Registered Member

Aww well that's really sweet of you all.We have all learnt alot from each other.

15. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Oh yea....

16. clubhouse1

clubhouse1 Registered Member

Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality. ~ Alfred Painter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.