A simple question!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mansfieldweb, Nov 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mansfieldweb

mansfieldweb Registered Member

I'm thinking of using Acronis True Image Server on a dedicated server that I have no access to physically.

I have access to a NAS server which is either accessible by FTP or a remote network map i.e. \\69.xx.xx.xx\nasserver mapped as Drive D for example.

What I would like to do is do a full backup to the NAS drive, either by FTP or over the network using the network mapped drive.

This is all well and good and would perform a good working backup of the main drive.

The problem comes to restoring the backup. As I said, I don't have physical access to the server and I doubt very much the company will want to be bothered loading a restore CD or even want to do it full stop!

In the event of a failure, would it be possible for me to have a virgin basic Operating System reload done and then restore the image, i.e. can you restore over an active operating system?

If not, could someone offer me any suggestions on how I could utilise Acronis True Image in this scenario.

Kindest Regards

Mark Smith

2. mansfieldweb

Could anyone offer any suggestions please?

3. mansfieldweb

Guess not!

Thanks anyway

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image Server (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimageserver/).

"In the event of a failure, would it be possible for me to have a virgin basic Operating System reload done and then restore the image, i.e. can you restore over an active operating system?" - We regret to inform you that Acronis True Image is not capable of restoring over a working operating system. I just didn't understand how will you get a virgin basic operating system reloaded without a full stop of the server.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.