A SecurityKISS Question

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by TomAZ, Mar 11, 2016.

1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Yesterday I installed SecurityKISS (free) to give it a try. The install went fine and everything seemed to work okay -- with one exception. . . every time I attempted an internet 'search' using either StartPage or Ixquick, I encountered a captcha challenge. And it wasn't a one-time thing -- it happened with every new search What's that all about?

By the way, I didn't get the captcha thing when searching with Google, Yahoo or DuckDuckGo.

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

I'm guessing that StartPage and Ixquick are using some DDoS protection service that has blacklisted SecurityKISS servers. That's not uncommon, for any VPN service, given that jerks use them for spamming, DDoS, etc. Just use a different server. Eventually, it'll probably get cleared.

I don't recommend ZenMate or other browser "VPN" plugins. AirVPN doesn't cost much. PIA costs even less.

3. Krysis

Krysis Registered Member

Never seen that behaviour before. Been using the free version on and off, for a quite a while – plus, use Startpage.com on most browsers (I use multiple browsers) – and, I frequently change servers whenever I use the VPN.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.