A sandbox would have been nice

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by trjam, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I love Prevx 3.0 but now having used SafeOnline I just dont see what I get over something like KeyScrambler. I still say, respectfully, that a Sanbox incorporated into Prevx would have been a killer product, instead of my internet connection getting cut in half.

2. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

Yes that would be a great addition but give it time this is the first release of SafeOnline for 64 bits work with them to get that fixed because I don't have that problem with the 32bit version!

TH

3. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

I saw your post in the other thread about your internet speed and am honestly unsure why that would happen :doubt: However, SafeOnline provides -much- more functionality than just KeyScrambler. For a high-level overview, you may want to read the Immunity review of SafeOnline: http://info.prevx.com/download.asp?GRAB=IMMUNITY or look through the help file which describes some of the other protection: http://info.prevx.com/safehelp.asp - click on Add Protection/Website Protected and then Security Configuration.

Also, to further debug the internet connection issues, could you send a scan log to report@prevxresearch.com? Hopefully we'll be able to solve it with just whitelisting the browser components.

Thanks! :)

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

joe this is very cool;) i have it on high level is it ok?thanks

5. PrevxHelp

Yes, that's fine :)

6. Lyondellic

Lyondellic Registered Member

My testing confirmed that SafeOnline caused a substantial loss in Internet speed under Windows 7 Pro (x86) using IE8 and Google Chrome.

Without SafeOnline: ~30 Mbps

With SafeOnline: 20-24 Mbps

7. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I said this 2 weeks ago, but no one would see it. I was not going to spend time bantering back and forth with Joe on this issue. SafeOnline is basically a marketing hype and a piece of crap.

8. PC__Gamer

PC__Gamer Registered Member

download speed is fine, seems the same to me.

SafeOnline (Blue Tick)

bluetick.png

SafeOnline (Green Tick - MAX settings)

green tick.png

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  9. PrevxHelp

Could you let me know what other security software you're using, trjam/Lyondellic? It is possible that SafeOnline's internet filtering is clashing with another AV's filter (we had to make a workaround with ESET because of a similar issue).

:rolleyes:

10. trjam

trjam Registered Member

think what you want, Prevx 3.0 is a great product, and I will leave it there.:doubt:

11. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

I am not seeing the issue across any of my computers I have tried it on Windows 7, XP, and Vista All 64bit and 32bit flavors. I'm unable to reproduce the issue your having ether. It's got to be a conflict somewhere. Now I'm not saying your not having the issue bro but coming in here and saying its a piece of crap is just wrong. All software has issues sometimes with software of the same type we just need to figure out what that problem is. ;)

It really is to easy for people to get mad at something just because it don't work correctly for them and they don't take the time to find out why. :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.