a really cool feature

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by anon, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon

anon Guest

i have a really cool feature they should add to nod32.
    you know that tab that lets you specify files and directories to exclude?
    wouldnt it be cool if that feature worked?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

I, for one, can confirm it works on the directories with my virus samples perfectly. If youintend to exlude a directory with long name, bear in mind that c:\program files is not the same as c:\progra~1. Try both possibilities, or you can also try browsing for the directory.

3. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

To recap, we have a somewhat (if I may) sarcastic question implying that exclusions do not work (as intended), and a reply that exclsions DO work if one uses the long-discussed (agian, if I may) "workaround". All this is fine except it still leaves the valid question hanging in the air.

Does Marcos' reply above imply that ESET does NOT consider it a bug, but rather a feature? I had been under the impression that the exclusion feature was slated (for some time now) to be "fixed".

As far as I can recall, the user did not have to muck around entering long and short path names in NOD32 v1, and these threads seem to indicate that the users who post here really dislike having to do so.

Exclusion and removing file
    AMON exclusion problem
    exclusion
    File exclusion still does not work
    Exclusion Problem
    Problem with exclusion!

These threads indicate that the posters, for the most part, consider the exclusion "issue" a bug that requires attention.

Sorry if I am reading too much into this, and please note I have not yet updated to 2.12.

Respectfully,
    -O

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

ROFLMAO, nicely said :D

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are correct :D

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.