A quick question for DCS Team

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by AJohn, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

What does wormguard have that TDS doesnt? Thnx in advance.

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi Ajohn, welcome.
    From the WormGuard Page
    Recent outbreaks of super-propagating worms have proven that traditional anti-virus scanning techniques (scanning for known worms) are useless against worms that spread around the globe faster than you can update your anti-virus software.
    This is where WormGuard comes in - WormGuard uses generic, heuristic detection of worms which means it finds out what the worm actually does and gives you an alert if it is something possibly harmful. The user can then analyse the output from WormGuard to determine if the file is safe to run.

WG doesn't need updating, you can add files to the blocklist, you can look inside a blocked file, it blocks scripts, macros, etc.

3. AJohn

AJohn Registered Member

OK I understand. I thought TDS diddnt have realtime scanning untill I read some.

4. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

The realtime part of it is in both cases the exec protection checking files for malware code before it is allowed to execute.
    TDS is updated on a daily basis to check all executables, WormGuard looks in all kinds of files, like possible risks in macros, html files, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.