a question to the ''easyBCD'' users

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cet, Apr 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I am using easyBCD for dual boot.EasyBCD is installed in WindowsXP.If something happens and XP crashes is there a chance for me to boot into Linux.
    Does the windows restore work with easyBCD.
    Do the recovery programs work(paragon,shadow protect) with easyBCD.Or do I have to make some arrangements.

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

1st .........no linux wont boot if xp crashes because you are not booting from grub but from xp it self

2nd yes it should ............although i never tried .............recovering xp from paragon etc you also recover easyboot path as well ........if not you need to add just the path of your easybcd it will work no need to reinstall linux again :)

i install many new linux and i give path of my mint Linux from it wont need me to install it every time

also please use ITS(long time supported) version they give updates and support for 3 years after that you need to upgrade to new one if not done yet

Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
  3. cet

cet Registered Member

I am using Kubuntu 9.10 it is not LTS.Oh I should have downloaded the 8.04 ?
    Or should I wait and upgrade to 10.04 in the future.Does it update on internet or do I have to do another install?

4. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

no it will also upgrade as well if you like to 10.04

what i mean to say is if you use lts it give you update to same till 3 years where others months you need to upgrade to higher version within 12-18 months which is as well enough time

i mean like xp you install and forget dont upgrade its kinda same in LTS you get all security updates and update till 3 years without need to change it higher version

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LTS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.