A question for Online Armor Free users

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by zopzop, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

How do you setup Online Armor Free to default deny all new or unknown executables/files from running?

During the setup process it gave me the option to auto allow anything already on the computer (it's a fresh install so it's malware free). But now I want to deny any new/unknown files from running.

2. subset

subset Registered Member

If you choose "Close GUI interface" from tray menu all unknown programs will be blocked.

If you start the GUI interface again, there will be a window with all blocked programs and you can decide what to do with these programs.

Cheers

3. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

Thanks. I'm guessing setting up a password to enable/disable the GUI is also a must since I don't want her ever installing new programs on her pc.

Quick other question, should I also disable the notifications for when OA blocks/allows programs running?

I basically want it where it's default deny and with no popups. This is going to be her first line of defense (well that and a LUA) since she's running no other security software on her machine. It's an older laptop with WinXP Home and only 256 megs of RAM.

4. subset

subset Registered Member

There shouldn't be any pop-ups or alerts when the GUI is closed.
    I didn't test this as I always disable all notifications, but I don't think that there will be any.

Cheers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.