a question about archiving

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by theshadow247, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

after reading the manual.i didn't see a option to achive directly to my second drive is there a option for this ?

Last edited: Jun 26, 2006
  2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

Tools > Options > Archive

Acadia

3. theshadow247

theshadow247 Registered Member

hi.Acadia.i already set the location to my other drive.and the folder but as i started to copy i didnt see a location that it was beeing copyed to so i stoped it ill try it again thanks..

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

theshadow247,
    Acadia is correct as always. :)

In addition :
    Archived Snapshots (.arx-files) can be stored
    - on another partition, like D:, E:, ...
    - on an external harddisk
    - on DVD's or CD's, if the DVD or CD is too small to contain the archived snapshot (.arx-file), FDISR will split them over more than one DVD or CD.

You can create as many archived snapshots as you want until there is no space anymore.
    So there is no maximum of 10 archived snapshots, like for normal snapshots on your system partition [C:]

EDIT:
    It's also not absolutely necessary to keep archived snapshots in the "archive location" defined in Tool/Options/Archives, you can move (cut/paste) them somewhere else, but they won't be visible anymore in the main FDISR-menu under "Archived Snapshots", unless you move (cut/paste) them back in the "archive location".
    I wouldn't recommend it, because what you don't see anymore you easily forget, but it's a possibility.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2006
  5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Erik

I don't move mine as they are big, but I do have archives in different locations. All you have to do is go into options>archive and change the location, and it should pick up the different archives. It does for me.

Pete

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I understand Peter. I like to give people a complete picture of the possibilities of archived snapshots, even when they don't use archived snapshots. It's technically possible to do this.
    Sometimes new users might get wrong ideas from the beginning and that would limit their imagination. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.