a program like notebook hardware control.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lodore, Nov 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi, this is gonna sound really stupid but can i use notebook hardware control on my desktop to check the harddrive heat? and cpu heat?
    my harddrive is making tons of noise because its really hot in this room and my computer is going slow.
    does the cpu go in a lower power mode if the cpu isnt cool enough?
    after a reboot it is back to normal speed i guess my music management software didnt put the ram back after it imported the 2 cds.
    if it keeps making all the noise because its hot should i do something to cool it better or just leave it?
    is it safe like this?
    thanks in advance
    lodore

Last edited: Nov 11, 2006
  2. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

From the information you have posted in other threads,
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=151816
    it is entirely possible that you have a fan/ventilation problem. As previously suggested, run the manufacturer diagnostics.
    You need to find out whether the drive has an internal problem!

I would suggest you take your computer to a repair shop and have them verify that all fans are working correctly--including the cpu fan. It is not normal for you to be having such a heat problem. Check carefully the vent which cools the drives. Perhaps the vent is still clogged--even after your recent blowout. You might even suggest they install an additional case fan. The cost should be minimal.

The hard drive heat may be the sympton and not the cause. You're trying to treat the symptons rather than finding the cause.

ps: After all the above, if you have your computer case sitting directly on a rug/carpet, consider elevating it onto something else so it gets more circulation. You mentioned being is a hot dusty area. This means do blowout much more frequently.

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

im not sure if it is a fan problem or not.
    sometimes after i use my airdustor to blow out all the dust the pc becomes very quiet again but last time I didnt do a very good job of it.
    when ever i have the time i will do a full dust inside the case.
    lodore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.