A problem in using Acronis disk suit 10

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by fanskyer, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fanskyer

fanskyer Registered Member

I am using a lenovo X60T with preloaded vista business.
    I installed the Acronis software and changed the disk from 1 to 3 partitions.
    I rebooted, and comes to the resizing partition.
    And then there is an error unable to write disk 1 sector 13549808
    I click ignore, then comes another, 13549809...
    I click ignore All, then comes to the program, seems runing, very slow, more than 2 hours. And then give me a result, partition failed.

Then rebooted and comes the vista, nothing changed.

Please help, I really have no idea.

2. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

fanskyer:

You may have bad sectors on your hard disk. If you have bad sectors on the disk then Disk Director will not let you resize partitions or you risk losing data.

Since you have a Lenovo machine it probably came with a copy of PC-Doctor. Run the program's disk diagnostics to see what it finds. Be sure to run the extended version of the disk test.

Lenovo will replace your disk if this is the case and you tell them that PC-Doctor has found bad sectors on the disk.

3. fanskyer

thanks for your quick response, really appreciate it

I use the DD10 to do check the disk and no bad sector was found. BTW this is a brand new laptop -_-b

I also checked some previous post and I am pretty sure I don't have a vista bit locker or norton stuff. Seems I have to try using a clean reboot by using bootable Media Builder in DD10, but I click it and nothing happend.

What a weired day! Plz help. Thanks : P

4. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

DD10 can't do its own disk check; it simply runs Microsoft's chkdsk. You won't be able to detect bad sectors unless you run chkdsk /r. I still recommend using PC-Doctor to check the disk because if you call Lenovo for service that's the first thing they will ask you to do.

5. fanskyer

I uninstalled the pc-doctor o_O

I am now running chkdsk /r and see what is going on

Thanks a lot : P

6. fanskyer

After running chkdsk /r, [really cost a long time]
    No bad sector are found

Sigh~~~

I checked the previous post and find you said there might be some program trying to protect these blocks? Is this the same problem?

Thanks a lot, really appreciate it! :p

7. K0LO

K0LO Registered Member

There are some types of programs, like Norton GoBack, that will not allow changes to be made to the partition table. If you have one of these you will have to disable it before changing the partition structure.

You should try your partitioning operations again but this time when Windows is not running. If you haven't already done so, use the Bootable Media Builder application to make a rescue CD version of Disk Director. Reboot your machine with the CD and try again. If you still get the sector error messages it would tend to indicate that you do have a hard disk problem.

8. fanskyer

Thanks, I will try and report the result here.

9. fanskyer

problem solved.
    Changed to another software ~Off topic comment removed. Ron~
    I hereby suggest the acronis team to check why this software can not work properly on my computer.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  10. MatthewE

MatthewE Registered Member

I'm certain this won't help the poster of the problem, but I received the same error and the root cause seemed to be that I left my MP3 player plugged in to my USB port.

I safely removed the hardware, shut down and waited 30 seconds before rebooting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.