A problem after installing CCleaner and EasyCleaner

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Happy-Dude, Aug 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy-Dude

Happy-Dude Registered Member

Well, I'm new to this fourm, and I have a problem with SpywareBlaster after installing CCleaner and EasyCleaner. It was recommended to me, so I installed it last night and ran them. Nothing seemed wrong with my system after the installation. But today, I ran SpywareBlaster and my Windows Installer- Backup Dell-Installed Programs thinggy ran (I have a Dell PC) everytime.

This is what I got:
    "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available. Insert the 'Backup Dell-Installed Programs' disk and click OK."

But I clicked cancel and I got this:
    "Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product Backup Dell Installed Programs. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

But after the message, SpywareBlaster still ran like usual. I already uninstalled and reinstalled, but same thing happens. Is it anything to do with CCleaner and EasyCleaner's registry cleaning ? I'm going to insert my Dell Backup Programs disk now and see what happens ... Please help !!

-EDIT-
    After inserting in the CD backup disk, the message went away after the installer completed itself. My guess was that the utilites deleted some registry files and the CD replaced them. Anyone have a good idea what happened ?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2006
  2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

It has been our experience in past threads such as this that what you found out was one of the items that does cause this...."the utilites deleted some registry files".

In almost all cases....letting the requested installer complete what ever it is that it wants to complete has fixed the problem.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.