A potential boo boo...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by HAN, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAN

HAN Registered Member

A friend of mine (who has NOD32) occasionally does a manual, 2nd opinion type scan of his system with the standalone Dr. Web CureIt. I have reminded him in the past to not allow CureIt to delete anything it finds and let me review the resulting log if it does find anything.

Well, it appears that CureIt found a few trojans that NOD had already snared and before he took the time to think things through, he had deleted 3 files. Specifically, he deleted:

C:\Program Files\ESET\cache\FND0.NFI
    C:\Program Files\ESET\cache\FND2.NFI
    C:\Program Files\ESET\infected\OUGYKDBA.NQF

My question is, did he delete anything that would prevent NOD32 from doing it's normal operations? My guess is no, that these files were only related to the trojans that NOD had captured. But I felt that I should check and get a definite answer.

(And no, it really is a friend, not me! :D )

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

This is , sorry - was , an encrupted copy of a malware which already handled.
    C:\Program Files\ESET\infected\OUGYKDBA.NQF

This is not a malware , it is most likely a false-positive.
    C:\Program Files\ESET\cache\FND0.NFI
    C:\Program Files\ESET\cache\FND2.NFI

As far as I know nothing important was deleted

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

NQF and NFI files are threats detected by NOD32 in an encrypted form so that they don't pose a risk.

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Thanks for the answers! I'll tell my friend he is ok (and remind him to not be so quick to delete next time... ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.