A portable router that conceals your Internet traffic

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by ronjor, Aug 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

That is cool :thumb:

However, users should change obfuscated bridges after changing location, because using a particular set is a trackable signature.

3. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

I agree, this is cool, not to mention practical.

Interesting article, I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking of the difference between privacy and anonymity as well as metadata analysis of encrypted vpn traffic.

4. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

Very interesting read. Novice aimed at best! That said; folks that know nothing about their exposure, and are willing to do almost nothing to protect themselves may benefit.

I doubt this will be something a committed serious privacy/security "power user" will ever stick with. Many of us prefer to create our own obfuscated bridges, and "chains" combining multiple VPN's and/or TOR circuits. Also, I prefer to construct custom firewalls and tunnels that CANNOT be breached even by myself having a "blundering accident". Knowing I can be an "idiot" I create mechanical rules that protect myself from "brain farts".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.