A new way to regulate the internet

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by true north, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. true north

true north Registered Member

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

And, why should I be prevented from accessing a website that I want to have access to?
    Just because they consider xyz website not to go according to their way, then they simply block access to it?

Does the United Sates of America govern consider themselves to be the masters and lords of everyone else?

Let's see if European Union and others will follow this crap. I hope for a big slap at U.S govern.

Edit: OK. It seems that they only want to block access within U.S to websites within and outside U.S domain. I have misinterpreted it, I guess.

Still, I wonder if U.S folks will want this.

3. chronomatic

chronomatic Registered Member

Hell no we don't want it. The government here has been overplaying its hand a bit recently. Now they are also talking about forcing all crypto vendors to insert backdoors into their software. We already did this song and dance int he early 90's with the persecution of Phil Zimmerman and Zimmerman won. Here we are again. :argh:

4. Sully

Sully Registered Member

I wonder if the world at large understands that the US government does things like this regardless of what the people want. Big Brother acts like he knows best, but really its about who can make a buck, and the ones making a buck aren't "most" of us lol. Where is the buck in this I wonder?

Sul.

5. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

I don't believe the internet should be regulated at all, sometimes it our way of finding out things that governments and organisations suppress - this is more like the reasons behind it.

6. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Maybe they want to create a business model: "We block access. Yes, we do." (It's catchy, isn't it? lol)

Then, what people wishing to access xyz web site have to do, is to pay a tax. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.