A new Online Scanners

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by hzqedison, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hzqedison

hzqedison Registered Member

VirSCAN.org is a FREE service for online scanning suspicious files using servral antivirus engines. And you can find the result and the degree of suspicious files.

VirSCAN.org can't in stead of the antivirus software in your computer, and we can't protect your system. We can only help you scan the suspicious files, but we are not responsible for the scan result from antivirus engines. If all of the engines cannot detect the file you uploaded as a malware, it can't say it isn't a new malware. Some engines detect the file you uploaded as a malware, but it can't say that it is, which may be false positive. Due to the platform and the engine version, the scan report can't show the actual ability of antivirus vendors. It is possible that we can't detect the suspicous file, but in fact the AV can detect it, or we can detect it, but the AV can't detect it. All of the above instances are normal and we are not responsible for that.

If the file you uploaded detected as suspicious, we will send the file and report to the antivirus vendors who provided engines for analyzing and they will update the signatures if it is a malware. If you disagree our clause or agreement, please don't use our service. We will not save the file you uploaded, so please don't contact us when you can't find your file. VirSCAN.org is organized by several fans of antvirus and it is a free website and it is not an opensource project. Our service is free and commonweal.We are neutral to the antivirus vendors. Our website is kindly supported by many antivirus fans and antivurus vendors.

Our commonweal:
    1. Our service is free.
    2.We provide users with multi-engines online scanners.
    3.We provide suspicious files and report for antivirus vendors.
    4.Antivirus vendors can help more users by update their antivirus signatures and software.
    5.We are neutral to the antivirus vendors.

Notice: The suspicious files may be normal files, infected files, virus-damaged files, harmful programs and so on. Malware(Malicious softwares) are that virus, worm, trojan, spyware, adware, dailer, Joker, keylogger and so on.

virscan.org

I find it very good :thumb:
    the forth FREE service for online scanner:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2007
  2. FRug

FRug Registered Member

And who exactly is "we"?

Sorry to spoil the party but I´d rather not send malware to someone who is only known by a gmail address....

For all I know you could be just another VX kid jumping the online scanner bandwagon to get a hold on samples.....

Can any vendor confirm that you actually distribute samples like jotti or virustotal do?

Why should I trust you?

3. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

Someone from China. Interesting reading.

I tried it, it seems to stall at the 16th engine mks_vir.

4. Arin

Arin Registered Member

Yup! Stalls while scanning with mks_vis. But cool interface!

5. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Alone the fact that you are using such a old version of f-prot shows that you do not even care to have your scan engines up-2-date.

The results will be completely misleading and you will produce more work for the av vendors when people submitting things which are not detected with your "service" but detected with an actual version.

Next thing is who is behind this? I wouldn't submit files to someone who registers a domain with a anonymous gmail email and nobody heard something about him before.

The only advice i can give here is do it in a proper way or let it be!

6. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

Interesting is also that you "spam" that even in hacker/malware writer boards. In case you don't know what i mean i help u a bit: www.unpackn.cn (URL is slightly modificated to avoid traffic to this site from here)

Chinese Website which produced several versions of patched armadillo and themida packers to avoid antivirus detection. That makes a good impression when u advertise your "service" there...

And by the way who gave u permission to include f-prot and to use our registered company logo?

7. Durad

Durad Registered Member

huh only 14 minutes left and Inspector have results already :thumb:

8. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

That's what you call on top of things!!

9. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

Poor guy.

10. flowerpig

flowerpig Registered Member

mks_vir have some problam. I close it now.

That website in beta, now.

11. flowerpig

I sent a email to u, Please check mail. :D

12. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Have you asked Jotti to change to a new Engine of ver 4.3?
    Have you provided the last engine of ver4.3 for Linux? If yes, Jotti also use an old engine of F-Prot! If not, why you say VirSCAN uses an old engine?

Also, both VT , Jotti or virus.org has used some old engines, e.g. Kaspersky, Norman...etc.
    Moreover, some online scanners in both VT or virus.org versions are virus database version, some are engine version

Last edited: Jul 27, 2007
  13. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Jotti's uses the Linux version and it is the latest version. Version 6 has not been updated to work on Linux , that is currently being worked on.

14. andylau

how about VirSCAN?:rolleyes:

That's what I want to say, Windows and Linux OS based, the av engine may not be the same. Why? Don't ask me, ask the AV vendors!

15. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Use VirusTotal if you want F-Prot v4 scan engine...

16. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Neither am I aware of anyone from Eset having given permission to use NOD32 for that purpose. Jotti and and Hispasec (VirusTotal) have asked us for a license and they got it, but without the vendor's consent you might be breaching EULA if you use your license for other than personal use.

17. flowerpig

I cantact NOD32 China. And scanned samples post to China Nod32 now.

18. andylau

After I read the About of that site.
    The site has written as following:
    If the file you uploaded detected as suspicious, we will send the file and report to the antivirus vendors who provided engines for analyzing

will not save the file you uploaded, so please don't contact us when you can't find your file.

I think "we" means the webmaster and the site "VirSCAN".
    Or there has some translation mistakes by the translator. Because refer to the words used in flowerpig's reply, I don't think they are the same person.

If he has a website that in Chinese, I don't think you know Chinese,right?:D

19. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Sounds like "we" is "flowerpig"o_O

20. flowerpig

I make this website. Is VirSCAN's webmaster.
    That website is services for all network users. Not for me only.

Now, the website in beta test. I hope get some support.

Thanks.

21. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

That is what I meant, and thanks for clarifying....

22. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Just tested it today.

Without going into judging if they are virus collectors or not they made a lot better web service than Virustotal and Jotti did.

23. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hm, whats so better about it?

24. Durad

Durad Registered Member

I like that upload screen that show you upload progress, it pop-up logo of the scanner that is currently scanning and it is a lot faster than Virustotal at the moment.

I would add button that would copy test results to clipboard.

25. LUSHER

LUSHER Registered Member

The only thing nice i see that is not in virustotal is that it can scan compressed files password protected with infected or virus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.