A New and Better Lenovo?

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by itman, Feb 27, 2015.

1. itman

itman Registered Member

2. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

I think it's a good sign. I am usually very skeptical about companies claims. But I believe this. Very happy with Lenovo/IBM through the years. No one offers better driver support than Lenovo. Supporting ancient hardware with drivers for new OSs.

3. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Great news for a new buyer of a Lenovo system. Let's see if they do as they say.

Recently they introduced some 'recommended products' that were not pre-announced on their website or part of their OEM build. These products just appeared as recommended downloads via their system update downloads . They are Share-It and Reach-It. Lenovo users would have received them automatically if they had their downloads set to auto install. I have this set to notify only. It surprised me that they were not under optional products. I opened a post on their website when I first received Share-it and the moderator had never heard of it. I eventually received a link to a description and I asked some security questions which no-one could answer. The community had not picked up on their existence for quite some time. It took months before they opened a category to cover these products on their website. The users seem to like the products, but that is not the point, is it? I am not criticizing the moderators over there as they appear to have been caught by surprise.

I agree with Zapjb, the driver support at Lenovo is outstanding.

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

http://www.zdnet.com/article/is-it-time-for-a-pc-truth-in-labeling-act/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.