A little idea?

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by dog, Jun 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dog

dog Guest

Hi All, ;)

A little idea? I'm not sure about the complexities of setting up an ecommerce site, or selling stuff thru an established site, or the costs involved. But I thought it might be cool to sell Wilders' & Javacool stuff, with the proceeds going to freeware / donateware author's like Javacool ... or shared among your choice of author's in order to help maintain funds for their R&D ... or even to help with the cost of running Wilders' (I mentioned this anyway, I know Wilders' doesn't accept donations, and prefers that those wishing to make donations, make those contributions to free/donateware aurthor's like Javacool.

I think both names are quite catchy, and can envision some slogans. Who knows maybe it'd become a fad? It certainly would make some pretty cool gear!

The usual items - Hats, T-Shirts, Sweaters, Stickers, Mouse Pads, Coffee Cup, Bag/Back Pack, Lap top bag ....

There's a few pretty good graphic artist here, maybe they could donate some graphic's and have a slogan contest ... offer items with or Without Slogans, just Logos.

What do you think? I know this probably isn't a new idea. But one that pop into my head, and I was wondering about your opinions on this.

TIA, ;)

dog - *puppy*

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Hi dog,

Thanks for coming up with idea's - always appreciated ;).

That said: we are not in the selling business, and we have no plans in any way to change from a non profit support board hosting top notch software support forums to any kind of (re)selling.

As always, we do recommend those who are willing to spent some money, to support excellent free/donationware softwares, like Javacool.

Once more, thanks for expressing idea's ;). But all stays as it is over on this board.

regards.

paul

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Paul, ;)

I assumed that ... and understand it. Really it's one of the thing that makes this place stand out ... well above it's peers ... along of course with the "community" feeling ... the best experts on the net ... best staff/admin ... and of course I've been known to provide a few laughs. :D LOL ~secret rooms~ :blink: ;) :D LOL

I would just like to be affliated/connected/ promote this place around town ... I guess I can achieve that designing my own t-shirt ... would it be OK to use "Wilders' Security" and the address ... to produce a one of a kind product ... just for myself?

But that aside ... it would make some pretty nice looking gear, wouldn't it?

Steve - *puppy*

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.