A little help with SpyLock

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Loganlooker, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loganlooker

Loganlooker Registered Member

ok well im new i dont see were else to post this but my laptop was recently infected by SpyLock 3.5 from a video codec! the laptop is not able to connect to the internet and i have no traces of the .dll's but the tray icon keep blinking about the virus?? help and i tried the darn remover 3 times nothing happens i even tried it in safe mode yet when i click it nothing i see a flash of the cmd but it quickly dissapears?:ouch: :'( :'( :'(

LoganLooker - plz help?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hello,

Looks to me like u may need HijackThis assistance. Wilders no longer offers this but if u go to this link,

http://forum.gladiator-antivirus.com/index.php?showtopic=10517

the experts at the Gladiator forum would be happy to help u. Just register there and follow the instructions at the link.

snowbound

3. Loganlooker

Loganlooker Registered Member

ya lol thank you but what do i need to do to get my Cmd? like when i click on that smitfraudfix it like only pops up then dissapears?:isay: :oops: :mad: o_O

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

5. fcukdat

fcukdat Registered Member

6. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

Testing it in SandboxIE, it seems that SUPERAntiSpyware does indeed detect SpyLocked (at least a few of the files) and also the media codec trojan. Perhaps if you combine it with a scan by RogueRemover (which supposedly also detects this nasty), you will get rid of it all.

7. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

If SUPERAntiSpyware does not remove it all, please contact our support here:
    http://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

We will have you run a custom diagnostic (after you scan with SUPERAntiSpyware) and determine what was not cleaned and update our definitions.

8. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

I got rid of that infection on a client computer with SUPERAntispyware, make sure you disable system restore and scan while in safe mode :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.