a little disheartened

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by subratam, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. subratam

subratam Registered Member

:doubt: firstly... i know i have caused some inconvenience in last 1-2 days... :( and i apologise str8 frm my heart... and all knoz kno me by nou.. when i say something i say it frm my heart... i am deeply sorry for my over-enthusiasm but not a single inconvenience caused by me did i do intentionally but happened without my knowledge :( ( but i tried to post only that i kno.. not jumpin into any topic ...)
    i understood everything.. that i was postin when not needed ... and i did some shadow posting too .. i have learnt frm my mistakes...
    but one thing i must say.... i dun understand y i shudnt post when i kno bout onething well and i think i hav a suggestion for that .. that can help the needy... ya ofcourse if i do some wrong then i can ofcourse be told to
    delete that... but if a suggestion is ok... why shud i not say it.. and wait for some staff to start off ...
    IF BY ANYWAY I AM VIOLATING ANY RULE OF THIS FORUM OR I AM DOIN WAT I SHUD NOT DO... I AM SORRY AND I WELCOME ANYONE TO SAY ME MY WRONGS... I AM OPEN TO ANY AND ALL ..
    wateva b though.... i love wilders.... i will love always... and i was sad yesterday... i thought i wudnt post my queries like this... coz its a little controversial... but misunderstandings, sadness if at all arises .. shudnt b in any relationship ... specially if thats between subratam and wilders.... i love u wilders... and dont i hav this right to tell wat i thought about u?? good or bad...
    BUT ALWAYS... I WILL PRAY TO WIN IF I SAY GOOD TO YOU.. AND LOSE IF I SAY BAD TO YOU.... AND I AM PRAYIN I WILL B PROVEN WRONG HERE ...
    love u wilders

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi subratam,

First and foremost, I want to assure you that none of us here want you to feel sad or to be discouraged about posting here. Enthusiasm is a great thing. We like our members active and especially helping others if they can.

The concerns that we expressed in the few messages we’ve exchanged regarding this is really more along the lines of the old expression, "Too many cooks spoil the broth." Now what I mean by that is that some of these threads are fairly complicated, especially those HijackThis log threads. Very often the original poster is confused and is fighting some serious system problems. If too many people are replying in those threads, then that person can become even more confused and frustrated.

In the specific threads where we were most concerned, there were staff members already involved in solving the problems. Pieter is a noted expert in the field of HijackThis log review, and if someone else is posting similar, but not identical instructions or advice to his, then what’s the original poster going to do?

The approach I always take is if there is already a subject matter expert answering in a thread, then I wait and see how it goes. If after their exchange there remains some additional point that I think needs to be made, I’ll reply with that only then, but I stay out of the way until the main exchange between poster and staff member / expert is completed.

So again, we don’t want to discourage you, but we’d prefer that people give the staff members a chance to handle these threads if they are active at that time.

Normally, we prefer to discuss these things via some form of private message to avoid any bad feelings and such, but we’ll gladly discuss this further here if you wish.

Best Wishes,
    Mike

3. subratam

hi mike,
    :) thr is no question about bad feelins... i bliv yall here.. luv yall here... i respect yall very much... i kno wateva i will b gettin here frm ur side... will only increase my strength... as a person.. i love to b criticised.. coz it helps u to identify ur mistakes... u all kno me by nou.. isnt it??
    nou back to the discussion...
    In the specific threads where we were most concerned, there were staff members already involved in solving the problems. Pieter is a noted expert in the field of HijackThis log review, and if someone else is posting similar, but not identical instructions or advice to his, then what?s the original poster going to do?
    The approach I always take is if there is already a subject matter expert answering in a thread, then I wait and see how it goes. If after their exchange there remains some additional point that I think needs to be made, I?ll reply with that only then, but I stay out of the way until the main exchange between poster and staff member / expert is completed
    <-- Mike
    i admitted my fault regarding the first few posts.. but wat i am sayin is
    one thing i must say.... i dun understand y i shudnt post when i kno bout onething well and i think i hav a suggestion for that .. that can help the needy... ya ofcourse if i do some wrong then i can ofcourse be told to
    delete that... but if a suggestion is ok... why shud i not say it.. and wait for some staff to start off .

the thing is.. shud i wait..... for an expert to start off?? :)
    regarding Pieter..... man.... in one one word wat i think pieter is BENCHMARK... atleast for me... pieter is , (alongwith yall ;).. dun ya think i dun think bout yall :d... ) someone i learn from... each and every post he makes... when i joined here for my probz... he was the one to look into the probz.. at a spark... i will never forget u pieter.. ofcourse none of u...
    i dun mind discussing here.... afterall... why shud i feel bad?? u hav that right on me wilders... and for me
    "its not mistakes... but criticisms that make a man"

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No, that's not necessary at all. As a matter of fact, if you have replied to a thread that no one is currently working, and if your advice is both correct and complete, then chances are good that the staff won't even post there, basically for the same reason I said above. (Why would they want to confuse the poster by adding another identical bit of advice? They won't.)

On the other side, if your advice is not complete and correct, one of the staff will reply there correcting your advice. Now, if that happens and there was something missing or wrong in your advice, the smart thing to do at that point would be to step aside and let them take it from there. It also is a good opportunity for you to learn what was missing from your reply, and so you'll be better the next time.

I hope I'm explaining this okay. What do you think? :)

5. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Excellent Discussion!

I am glad that this is posted here because anyone reading this can learn some of the finer points of Forum Etiquette. Always nice to get a refresher. ;)

I've been tempted to jump in on some HJT Log sessions but held back when I saw someone already doing the needed assistance.

Best wishes from Larry :)

6. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Heya Subratam,

Don't feel disheartened my friend, please !!!
    And please stay here with us !!! ;) :)

Hey, karma's were there for all the three of you: Subratam, Mike, and Larry :D

Cheers, Jan.

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

We ALL still Love you Subratam.....GROUP HUG. (Everyone included).

Cochise, :cool: :-*

8. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

;) Thanks Jan!

It's nice to be appreciated. Cookies for you too! :D

Subratum? Hang in here and you won't be disappointed. I've had my own ups and downs now and then but being here is like being part of Starfleet! Great group of people!

Larry :)

9. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Subratam we all get a little enthuestiac every once in a while. I am probably a great offender at times. We try not to but it happens. So take heart and take a deep breath and lets move forward like the wilders family should :D

10. subratam

first the discussion...
    hmmm... :)... i understand that :) thx Mike...
    i really appreciate for ur kind way of makin me understand( and ofcourse in a smooth way) as u hav always done...
    nowww....
    :mad:... FanJ... who told u i am leaving... !!!!!!!!.... huuh... sorry i am not goin to do that... for any number of cookies u give me... no question is thr... bout me not stayin here with yall... man... dun u kno subratam yet?? hmm i get it.... u want a cookie frm me rite??!! aha... thats y u r sayin this.. ok thr u r... remember cookie number 380... :p
    u too... cochise.... still ... why that still?? dun u dare say that is that clear?? by the way.... i needed that HUG.... man... its so cold outta here love u
    man... u r too mistakin something.... :( did i say i wont b hangin in here anymoreo_O its like yall givin farewell msges :(... i said i felt disheartened... and dun a son gets disheartened with her mom?? a frnd with his frnd?... what is wilders to me?? anything less?? great group of people?? i disagree on that part too.... GREATEST AND BESTEST(if that word cud exist) GROUP OF PEOPLE
    and not to forget
    life is a journey.... wilders is my frnd... my philosopher .. my guide... and as i repeatedly say... wat i say here... comes str8 frm my heart... i love my family... and my name though is subratam... i will say myself subratam wilders... (paullllll oops.... thr he is coming... ) lol... actually... i posted this log to clear my misconceptions... and everybody has that...
    i said b4 too ... i love yall.. love wilders... and no relationship can remain on misconceptions... so i preferred to clear them... thats it...
    hey yall dun u dare .. i repeat.. dun u dare think too.... that i am leavin wilders.... (its another matter that... I am Paul... :D )
    thx yallllllllllllllllllllllllllll
    I LOVE YOU
    (did i give yall the cookies that ya were all so eager of ;) ??... i think i gave... just chk)

11. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi Subratam,

I was NOT giving a farewell-message.
    On the contrary !!!

Maybe I should have stayed out of this thread.
    Maybe it was once again my poor English playing a role here.

FanJ.

12. subratam

heyyyyyyy FanJ,
    :( :( :( :(
    now u r makin me more disheartened mate... :( :( ... why u r sayin that... i felt soooo good.... seeing yalll... replying me and makin me feel sooo homely... FanJ... sorry mate.. if i hurt u... :( :doubt: :oops: ... and for that... cochise, larry, bigc... anyone and everyone... i apologise if i hurt anyone thru my msg here.... i was so happy seein hou much care yall have for me... FanJ again... i say... i was happy to see u here

13. GoonMan

GoonMan Registered Member

Hey Sub do not let it get too you we all jump in where we can to help others and sometimes it does not work out the way you thought it would.

I know I have jumped in to help others and then realized I may have been jumped too soon. But that is the way we learn what to say and not what to say.

I make a specific trip through the Adaware forum everytime I come to Wilders. So I can learn and improve my knowledge.

So keep your chin up. :D

Do not let it get you down.

Randy

14. beetlejuice

beetlejuice Registered Member

Hey subratam, Wilders is a community of "people helping people", so keep on helping. I'd rather have 100 people respond to a call for help, than none. By helping, or even trying to help, you show that you care for others. How can that be a bad thing? Especially when it seems in todays world, that hardly anybody will go out of their way to help somebody else without expecting some kind of reward? Just keep on helping guy. You're doing just fine by us.

15. GoonMan

GoonMan Registered Member

Well Said beetlejuice I agree. :D

16. subratam

thx for callin me sub ;) man learn from mistakes... and i love to learn... (that dun mean i will b continously committin mistakes :doubt: lol ) i agree with ya goonman and i will not b gettin down... u need a cookie?? i thought u need ...
    i agree to that too... and i will b always helpin... dun worry bout that... :).. a cookie for beetle too :)
    luv yall

17. Terryala

Terryala Rest in Peace

No reason to be disheartened. I come here to see whats going on and gather information that might help me with a problem. I don't post very offen as some one gets to the problem faster then me.

I try an pop in a coupla times a day an see if anything is posted that I might have missed.

All input is good as there are many ways to approach a problem.

Grand Dad

18. subratam

hello Grand Dad,
    I am meetin u first time :) happy new year to u at first... and next i will say thx for ur words sir...
    take my regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.