A little bit confuse?

Discussion in 'Ghost Security Suite (GSS)' started by Atomas31, Aug 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Hi,

I just install the new version of Regdefend 2.0. Everything goes well but when I try to install the Regdefend group from Puff, it appears that there is already a Regrun group on Regdefend but in Regdefend configuration I see no group having the name Regruno_O Did I miss something somewhere?

Thank you,
    Atomas31

2. passing thru

passing thru Guest

The install path for RD 1.3 (and previous versions) was \Program Files\RegDefend. The install path for 2.0 is now \Program Files\GhostSecuritySuite. When you uninstall 1.3, the groups folder is not deleted if it contains custom .ghst files. With RD 2.0, you can import your custom groups by highlighting Global Registry Rules in the Configure window, and using the Import Group button. In 2.0, the groups folder no longer exists.

3. passing thru

passing thru Guest

I should have also mentioned that you save/backup your groups by using the Export function. You will otherwise lose them. I noticed this after importing a custom group, and then using the online updater. After installing the update, I rebooted and the custom group was gone.

4. Atomas31

Atomas31 Registered Member

Thank you passing thru,

It did work and now I can see my regrun group in Regdefend 2.0 :)

By the way, is it just me, but it did took me a lot of time to realise that I have to tick the little, little box in the right to be able to enable the Regrun group that I had imported. I was prefering the way that Regdefend 1.3 was handling the enable and disable part of the groupe, it was a lot more easy to realise what where enable and what were not.

5. passing thru

passing thru Guest

I did notice that when a group is first created, or imported, the icon shows it to be enabled (no red X). It can be misleading.

6. passing thru

passing thru Guest

Correcting myself: this only happens when importing a group.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.