A interesting phone call...

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Malwar, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

A man called the house phone and said "Hi I am from the pc maintenance department" I said "I have a Chromebook" he said "what" I said "I have a chromebook" he said "oh...oh okay...so you dont have Microsoft Windows PC" I said "no I have a chromebook" he said "does anyone else in your family have windows" I said "not that I am aware of" and he hung the phone up ;):thumb::cool::argh::D:p

2. plat1098

plat1098 Guest

Well that's more interesting than the one I got a little while ago, lol.

Scammer: Hello, may I speak to >insert my real name here<
    Me: Can I help you? :mad:
    Scammer: Yes hello mum, we have received word that your computer has downloaded malware...click.

Looked at call record, area code is Canadian.

3. gorblimey

gorblimey Registered Member

Here in Oz, the Feds treat these as "Nuisance calls" and will prosecute... if they originate in Oz.

It's amazing how many have a strongly accented voice, and yes, Mumbai or New Delhi appear often in the logs. Someone is making a motza out of this.

4. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

Lol! Nice

5. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

Yep as they should , the caller sounded indian 99.99 percent sure that he was.

6. Krusty

Krusty Registered Member

I've had many, many of these calls. One time they told me 'they' had detected malware coming from my house. I said that was because I spread malware. If he wanted to give me his personal email address I'd send him some samples. He asked what would happen then. I told him it was a worm that would go through his contact list and spread to everyone he knew.

He hung up and I wasn't bothered for a while after.

7. Malwar

Malwar Registered Member

Damn that is a good one lmao.:argh:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.