a hole in tds ?

Discussion in 'Trojan Defence Suite' started by NinjaGranny, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NinjaGranny

NinjaGranny Guest

I have recently downloaded this to see what its like and I am extremely impressed .

But - after updating and runing a few scans and having changed my av from grisoft to bitdefender , Bitdefender found 3 instances of 2 trojans in downloaded files that I have . I was wondering whether bit defender is wrong or I am expecting too muxh from the anti trojan side of TDS

D:\downloadstemp\nc11nt.zip=>nc.exe   Infected Backdoor.Angel.A
    D:\downloadstemp\nc11nt.zip=>nc.exe   Disinfection failed - Trying second action
    D:\downloadstemp\nc11nt.zip=>nc.exe   Move failed
    D:\downloadstemp\tools\trace.zip=>nc.exe   Infected Backdoor.Angel.A
    D:\downloadstemp\tools\trace.zip=>nc.exe   Disinfection failed - Trying second action
    D:\downloadstemp\tools\trace.zip=>nc.exe   Move failed
    D:\toys\ultitrace\nc.exe   Infected Backdoor.Angel.A
    D:\toys\ultitrace\nc.exe   Disinfection failed - Trying second action
    D:\toys\ultitrace\nc.exe   Moved

I would send the files in but I am having trouble with TDS3 and my firewall and local proxy at present - I have the files in question and can send them via normal e-mail

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Welcome NinjaGranny,
    Did you after installing TDS also go back to the download site and have the radius updated? Download the update from http://tds.diamondcs.com.au/radius.td3 place the file in the TDS-3 directory.
    Now the System testing > Scan Control:
    make sure you check every scan option also on the other tabs (first time certainly a good idea) press ok and choose the Full System Scan.
    Let it scan your whole system thoroughly and see if there are still alarms.
    This way with everything checked it will also look inside zipped and compressed files and archives.

Which problems are you experiencing with TDS in the meantime?
    Are the other problems with firewall and proxy related to TDS?

nc.exe is that a download for Norton Commander?
    You can zip the file and send it to submit@diamondcs.com.au where the lab tech guy(s) will look into the file for you.

3. NinjaGranny

NinjaGranny Guest

Yep -- downloaded it about a week ago and have had 2? updates.

I have zipped the files and sent them as I saw it suggested in another thread. nc is a trace / backtrace application

I have a standard junk rule all all both any ban - and auth each app as i install them . TDS needs so many things the rule is being tricky and as some things come back to the stack rather than TDS they wont get through . My local proxy is happy with tds.

I did a full scan as soon as i installed th app and updated teh radius file .

Thx for reply

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

TDS only detects a couple of ITW versions of Netcat, thats a false alarm on Angel. DKAngel would be the trojan I guess its detecting, TDS also covers this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.