A good security setup including KIS2010...?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CreepyKangaroo, Dec 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CreepyKangaroo

CreepyKangaroo Registered Member

I just recently installed KIS 2010 on my xpsp3 and so far it seems quite capable although it was a bit of a disappointment because KIS 2010 installer forced me to uninstall superantispyware!

Now I am on the look out for other security softwares that would seal most of the leaks in the set-up and work best with KIS 2010 keeping conflicts at a minimum level!

Any suggestions?

2. fax

fax Registered Member

On XP 32bit with KIS2010 you have basically everything you need. From a strong signature based malware detection, to complete HIPS and a sandbox.

Just add a backup/image system and/or encryption of data if it is a laptop and you are ready to go :)

Fax

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I reinstalled SAS Pro on both of my computers after I installed KIS 2010 and it removed them. SAS says that there is no conflict in spite of what Kaspersky says. I have found no conflicts, and am running both SAS Pro, and MBAM along with it in real time.

I do think that those two applications add to one's overall security.
    I have a friend who uses Norton, and a couple of weeks ago his machine was infected with antivir rogue. Norton did not prevent it or detect it after infection. We removed it with MBAM free, as SAS did not completely remove it. That caused me to get a MBAM lifetime license for both computers. I already had them for SAS.

Because Norton has shown itself a top AV lately, I am not confident that KIS would have stopped the rogue. I am not prepared to argue that, but instead choose to use SAS and MBAM. I always run at least one in real time.

Give a shot at reinstalling SAS, and I suspect you will have no problem. If you do have a problem make a post on the SAS forum, and see what the answer will be.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. lodore

lodore Registered Member

reinstall superantispyware now that kis is installed.
    i have no clue why kaspersky added it to the list since it works greatalong side kis.

5. CreepyKangaroo

CreepyKangaroo Registered Member

Thanks but are the HIPS and firewall of KIS good enough compared to comodo? If not, are they still better than most out there? What if I change to Kaspersky antivirus along with comodo?

6. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

HIPS and fw better Comodo than KIS, av better KAV than Comodo.

7. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

This might be slightly off topic, but it does concern KIS 2010 install, and how it refuses to install if it thinks there is incompatible software installed on your machine.

I tried installing KIS 2010 the other day, at it kept telling me I had AVG's Identity Protection installed. It offered to uninstall it. I gave it the go ahead. After a restart, the install starts up again, and again it warns me about AVG IP. I did a search, and there was no AVG IP. I did a registry search, and again, no AVG IP. Needless to say, I didn't install KIS 2010.

8. fax

fax Registered Member

Yes, they are good enough. Keep it simple, master one tool and you will be safe. Driving dangerously? Then use the KIS sanbox! Super safe... :thumb:

Fax

9. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

KIS's HIPS will probly ultimately keep u safer since its quieter and warnings arent as cryptic. it would make it easier to make the proper decision and more fluent between each of its components, KIS is plenty enuff.

10. Sjoeii

Sjoeii Registered Member

Hi
    You will be safe with just KIS. AV is very good. Firewall is one of the best as well. and KIS still is famous for his HIPS.
    If you want you could use SAS, MBAM or any other on demand for a second opinion

11. mike21

mike21 Registered Member

I agree with Sjoeii.

KIS is very good standalone. You only need on demand spyware scans.

12. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

13. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

What comes to myself, I am currently running MBAM real-time with KIS2010. Seems to co-exist nicely :) I did add full exclusions for MBAM processes/services though.

I also had success running PrevX3.0 with KIS. I say 'had' because the last two of their builds have been buggy from my perspective. Hence it is not installed any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.