a good privacy sw that'll GLOBALLY erase/clean online/offline history?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by siberianwolf, Apr 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. siberianwolf

siberianwolf Registered Member

i need a privacy sw recommendation. what i'm looking for is one that's good quality, comprehensive and all-in-one privacy tool/sw that's capable of cleaning the system's all accounts' history globally while logged on via any (admin or not) account. which has decent specifications like multiple and reliable erasing methods & cleans many areas of the system, online history, windows history, 3rd party apps history, pagefile, free/unused space, etc. i think you folks here @wilders will have no problem to get the point. thanks in adv. regards.

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Administrator

Off hand, I'd recommend taking a look at Returnil configured to be active on Windows start and configured to drop all changes/wipe all disk changes at startup. That should take care of removing activity on the machine in any account with a restart.

Blue

3. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Not sure about all your constraints and objectives, but you may wish to consider the use of Windows SteadyState, coupled with a start-up task to wipe all free space on your operating system volume (using, for example, R-Wipe&Clean).

4. siberianwolf

thanks guys. but what i'm looking for exactly is an on-demand (not a "constantly@work") cleaner/eraser to clean/erase particular areas depending on the then-use of the pc, rather than a "drop-all-changes" or wipe-the-free-space thing, or some kinda virtualization. a sw that'll clean online/offline temp files/history, history of a wide range of 3rd party apps, etc. so any other recommendations?
    what i mean by "globally" is not cleaning the system's whole areas by an app, but cleaning all seperate user accounts' history via a single account, so one account but total purge.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

6. caspian

caspian Registered Member

I can't imagine a software that covers more than this.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1zfn81f.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/14j166u.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/68hh0j.jpg

7. siberianwolf

@caspian
    thank you. i know r-w&c but afaik it don't have a global erase/clean option, right?
    my main consideration is a global eraser/cleaner sw.

8. Pleonasm

Pleonasm Registered Member

Siberianwolf, concerning the “global” (i.e., all user accounts) issue, many eraser utilities (including R-Wipe&Clean) allow you to create a custom job in which you manually specify the folders/files to be wiped. Depending on the number of user accounts on your PC, this might be initially tedious -- but, it would be a one-time set-up effort. Running such a job with administrative credentials should accomplish your objective.

9. siberianwolf

dang, somehow, never thought of that! thanks a lot, pleo! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.