A Golden Oldie

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by John Bull, Dec 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

There are many browsers available, you can read a pile of stuff on the net about browsers and which is the more popular. AND I know that the subject of browsers is almost as volatile as suggesting that Adam & Eve is a joke, but it is a very large part of our PC life.

One site is :- http://www.techtip.org/list-of-browser/

And the screen shot below is typical of the big boys as per a poll by this site :- http://www.webdevelopersnotes.com/design/browsers_list.php3.
    Looks a bit misleading to me, with IE at only 10+ %, when other sources give IE a 60 % share. But this result is restricted to users who have visited this particular site and actually voted.

What are your opinions of browser popularity ?

John

Browser usage 1.JPG

2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

There are all of these odd cyber-rumours about Firefox being on the way out & the like, but I'm pretty sure the two most popular downloaded browsers are Chrome & Firefox. It would be difficult to say which is the most popular of the two, plus I don't see Firefox disappearing any time soon.

4. Daveski17

@newbie2247

"I am in search of a good, safe (as much as it possible realistically), stable, great performance, has ALL functions we need and love, is updated regularly and so forth. IOW, fully featured."

How about SeaMonkey?

Even the beta is pretty stable.

5. John Bull

John Bull Registered Member

Hello Dave my old pal,

Firefox on the way out !! Gee, it`s only just come in and is rocketing to become Mr.Big by the month. The only way that FF will get the bullet is if Mozilla go bust. It is the best browser since sliced bread.

Chrome ? I had better not comment on that, otherwise I`ll get Modded and banged up in the stockade, peeling spuds and painting white lines round the CO`s rose garden.

John

6. Daveski17

Hi John, yeah I'm not sure where these rumours actually originate from. I think it is from some 'figures' that get bandied about that Firefox is holding steady while Chrome users are gaining ground, or something. I'm not sure where these figures are from though exactly.

I like Chrome, but I always make sure I download Firefox onto any computer I own (it's usually the first thing on any new computer). Even if I tend to use SeaMonkey more, I can always depend on Firefox. Plus, these days SM & Fx are getting more similar by the minute.

I really can't see Fx disappearing soon. I've even had a look at a couple of the #4 betas.

It's still looking good. :cool:

P.S. You definitely don't want to end up in the stockade peeling spuds LOL!

Oh yeah, & I love this persona.

It even looks good with this which I find useful for my smaller laptop which due to the fact that I am running the beta SeaMonkey, Chrome is slow in Yahoo! Mail & Iron is buggy (as usual) Firefox is back to being my default browser.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.