A funny thing happened on the way to the forum ...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Daveski17, Jan 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

I was trying to log in to a Netscape Navigator site I found that discusses SeaMonkey & when I left-clicked the bookmark favicon (in SeaMonkey 2.1 beta) I found this site:

-http://www.whodataussies.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=35-

I have checked it with VirusTotal & scanned my laptop (SAS, MSE) just to make sure of any drive-bys, I have NoScript & ABP though & I seem to be clean.

I assume that the Netscape site has disappeared & the domain name taken over by someone else.

Weird or what?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
  2. jpcummins

jpcummins Registered Member

I was looking for it last night; you should find it under "netscape.aol.com". I really enjoyed the browser years ago.

John

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  3. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

OK cheers :thumb: I'll give it a *butchers. You would like SeaMonkey (if you don't already use it) then. It can utilise virtually all the same extensions/add-ons that Firefox does.

EDIT: I was just making my way to the site via AOL & found the same site but with this:

ATTENTION: If you are seeing this site instead of the site you are trying to access, we had to do some server maintenance. Your site will be accessible shortly, thanks.

Certainly explains a lot!

*Butcher's hook = look

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.