A Few TI9 Questions

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by elziko, Sep 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elziko

elziko Registered Member

I have done a full back up of some folders. Now the contents of the folders have changed I'd like to do an incremental backup to cover these changes.

I can't see how to run the backup again... I seem to have to go through the Create Backup Wizard again... defining the files and folders I wish to backup again! Is there anyway to just do an incremental backup based on what was selected last time?

I notice that backups are contained within a single file. I have been using Nero BackITUp for backups and when I do an uncompressed backup it just kinda copies lots of files to a backup folder. I thought this was good because one file in the backup getting corrupted wouldn;t affect the others. If the backup file in TI9 got a tiny bit corrupted could I restore the uncorrupted parts?

Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello elzilo,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that the feature you requested is not available in the current build of Acronis True Image 9.0 . I have forwarded your request to our development team. They will take care of it as soon as possible.

Concerning your second question:

If you have created a successfull image (even if it contains a corrupted file) there would be no problems with restoring any file from it.

We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. elziko

elziko Registered Member

I wasn't speaking of an image containing a corrupted file, I was actually talking about an image being corrupted. Is it possible to extract data from a corrupted image? Lets say if just a few bytes were to be changed in the image file, would the whole thing become useless?

I appreciate my request being passed onto teh development team... is there any idea of wether/when this will be implemented. I will be unable to use TI9 without it since having to select my files & folders to backup each and every time is too unreliable... I may miss some files that I need to backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.