A few questions before I try ...

Discussion in 'Port Explorer' started by JayTee, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayTee

JayTee Registered Member

Hi,

I have a few questions before I tryout PE:

i) how much RAM/CPU does it take?
    ii) can PE be run on a wireless network? Had intermittent wireless network connectivity problems with some firewalls (namely 8signs) and other packet sniffers on my netgear usb modem.
    iii) if I am a returning customer (I have PG), do I get a discount?
    iv) I suppose the problems with PE and McAfee relate to the firewall and not the AV. Am I correct.

Thanks

2. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Not much, only a few megs and CPU usage is almost always on 0.

Yes it can run on wireless networks. It doesn't matter if your network is wireless or cable, that's just the physical transport.

Log into the DiamondCS Members Area and yes you'll be able to then purchase our other software at a discounted rate because you're a returning customer

That's correct, the problem was isolated to McAfee's firewall

Port Explorer has been rated as the leading program of its type and the download is small and free, so treat yourself :)http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/index.php?page=download

Best regards,
    Wayne

3. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi JayTee,
    I process explorer whilst not socket spying PE shows about 1.54% & 6,652K working set.

Port Explorer runs fine for me on my wireless laptop through my 3COM router, I haveno experience with the Netgear USB modem but the PE trial will allow you to find out.

In your members area you will see any discounts that are applicable.

Correct :)

HTH Pilli.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.