a few questions about Avira Free

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by _ab, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _ab

_ab Registered Member

Hi, i´m using Avira (Antivir) since a few years, but some problems showed up recently. Maybe it is because i switched from W2K to XP, or because of using SSM or Comodo, which i both used not that long, but (in a restricted account in XP) the Antivir umbrella doesn´t show up anymore (avguard.exe is running in admin context, though, as process explorer shows) & when logging in as admin there´s always that message, saying that Antivir hasn´t be updated since at least 3 days, even if i actually udated 10 minutes ago.

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I ran Avira free with Comodo firewall on XP Home with no problems.

3. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Clearly something got broke. You think it might be a good idea to remove it and reinstall. Just one possible solution, others may have better ones. ;)

4. _ab

_ab Registered Member

Yeah, i even reinstalled it a couple a times, no changes. But doesn´t the running avguard mean, that it´s actually working?

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You'd think so, but that doesn't necessarily guarantee that all is well. You might also try posting on the AntiVir forum as well...

6. _ab

_ab Registered Member

hmm, maybe i should try that. It seems that this cannot be fixed by reinstalling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.