A few Q's

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Anim8, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anim8

Anim8 Registered Member

Hello everyone,

I am setting up the security on my home pc, and have a few questions:

Currently using Avast Free, BOClean, Ad Muncher and Windows XP with SP2.

1. I was thinking about changing the virus scanner to Nod32, are their any known problems running with BOClean, Ad Muncher, etc?

2. Do you have to buy Nod32 from the local site? It sends me to http://www.nod32.com.au/nod32/purchase/purchase.htm but can I buy it from the usa site regardless of me been located in Australia. I ask because the USA site is 20$ cheaper then the Australian site and thats after converting the currency.

3. Any other software recommended to use? (must not slow pc performance down to much)

Thanks for any help.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Anim8, welcome to Wilders.

Not that I know of.

Actually it is only $11.80 cheaper. $39 / .74 = $52.70 take this from $64.50 = $11.80, this does not take into consideration your Credit Card's conversion charge, so the actual difference is only around $10.00

Do a search on Google for Australian sites that sell NOD32 and you will find quite a few that price match with the USA.

I use Online Armor alongside NOD32, not much else needed.

Hope this helps…

Cheers :D

3. Anim8

Anim8 Registered Member

Thanks ^^

I was looking at the 2 year one, sorry for not making that clear.
    58.50 USD = 78.8007 AUD,
    $17.94 Difference. Guess thats about 15$ cheaper.

Though is it still possible to buy from the USA site? or need to find a Australian site?

I have a key for safe n sec that any good? they were giving out 1 year free licenses at their site for playing that flash thing at their web site. Took 2 minutes.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Eset always recommend that you purchase in your local country; local purchase for local support, and there are Australian sites that USA price match both on 1year and 2year licenses.

Cheers :D

5. Anim8

Anim8 Registered Member

Will have a look around :p

Thanks, you have been helpful. Fast replies too :)

6. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

For a start, you can try Blackspear's website, yes they compete with USA prices:

http://www.simplesecuritysolutions.com.au/

7. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

I'm not aware of any compatibility issues between the current shipping versions of NOD32 and Privacy Software Corporation's BOClean or Murray Hurp's Ad Muncher.

If you purchase from a local partner, you have the option of getting local support and other value-added services. If you purchase from the U.S. office, you may not be able to get local support (especially during your own business hours) or might incur additional fees for it. For most folks, the difference in pricing is not worth the hassle of buying direct in their country, especially when you consider that for security software you may wish to have more expert available locally, not just to deal with some sort of virus outbreak, but to help answer questions about deployment, protection strategies and so forth.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

8. Anim8

Anim8 Registered Member

9. Anim8

Anim8 Registered Member

Sorry for double post but how long does it take for the key/program etc to be sent?

Edit:

Just realized their is a edit button. Use to not having one. Also I got a email just didn't arrive straight after, about 3-4 hours. Thanks for help guys.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.