A few GUI suggestions that would make LnS better

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by ToMMY2ooo, Dec 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToMMY2ooo

ToMMY2ooo Registered Member

As a new user I have some slight niggles with the GUI of LnS. Im getting the hang of things now but I thought this might be useful as Im new. Theres nothing ground breaking here just simple useability thing.

Change the wording "PC>Internet, Internet>PC" etc into:
    Incoming, Outgoing, both directions

Alter the icons inside the internet filtering slightly. The icon to enable rules, gives the impression that it means allow the packets. A small radio button (circular with no colour) would make this less leading. Change the icon to block packets into a green tick to show permitted packets, a red cross to show the rule is to block. Idealy these should be in two columns, making it clearer that it is one or the other.

The icons could also be changed in the application filtering window in a similar manner.

Add an option so you can select the direction of the rule, incoming or outgoing in the internet filtering window. You wouldnt need need to go into the rule to see what it is currently set as, or to edit it.

When editing a rule it would be nice if you could add more than one port to it without having to make seperate rules for each port you want the rule to apply to.

I hope that made sence, and I was accurate in my last suggestion.

Cheers,
    Tom

2. ToMMY2ooo

My idea....

Attached Files:

3. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Actually modifications to the Direction Informatics has been made in Look 'n' Stop v2.05...

Attached Files:

4. ToMMY2ooo

Great minds think alike :)

Cheers,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.