A few general questions...

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by WhiteMateria, Apr 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhiteMateria

WhiteMateria Registered Member

Infected I am... Remove viruses I did

Ok no more PC-Cillin for me! As I suspected these worms are avoiding my detection of it so I went and got Norton... 16 replicated worms found and a: I had reformated my hard drive only yesterday and b: I had installed PC-Cillin 2000 and updated it, scanned all the files and so forth before doing other stuff! It seems the ever popular W32.Kwbot.F.worm that resides in the KaZaALiTe network is to blame and may have been lurking around for months without my knowledge... And I religiously update my Anti-virus stuff everyweek and scan almost like every other day. In fact I download Dr. Web, Panda Titinium, McAffee Online, and PC-Cillin 2003 trial version and none of them found this at all. I even did a scan online at PC-Cillin's site and nothing found there ethier... I don't get it!

2. The Snowman

The Snowman Guest

apology in advance for ot

LowWaterMark

most appreciate your understanding. The best wishes were most sincere. Came back to post and make sure all was well. For the most part I am a real layed back guy...an would never intentionally offend.......rare cases only.
    however, can't count the times I've been insulted/flamed for not registering at some forum an its made me sensitive to others...now I go out of my way not to offend others. Kinda wierd how people in the security community (a few only) fail to understand that I just may have a reason that prevents me from registering thats related to security....the ugly names I've been called would shock your sense of decency.........anyways, thank you.

FanJ
    a former associate of mine is named Jan...an that was one tough individual..he is now retired an still commands the respect earned over the years.

Mr Data

whats going on like that.....something definitely is very wrong......would sure be interested in knowing the type of worms you are referring to that is being detected......the anti virus programs should have picked them up

3. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Dear Snowman,

You are always welcome; whether registered or not: please be assured you are ALWAYS welcome and a dear member of the Wilders-family !!!!!

4. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

WhiteMateria,

Interesting. Don't hesitate to zip the file(s) and send them to support@wilders.org

regards.

paul

5. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Good move.

I am one of the few Norton users around here. I still think, big and corporate or not, they are still heads and shoulders the best AV (and more - as you found out!).

They work tirelessly in their research. McAfee? No way, for personal reasons about the man and the company as much as the product itself. But, honestly, when most people want to know the absolute latest on a new virus -- where do they go? The engine in their product is constantly tweaked and updated to account for how certain viruses interact with differing OS and WORD versions - I don't think they can be beat. (IMHO)

Norton: Mail my advertisement check to:

John Little
    2341 L.....

Oops! That goes in an email.....sorry! :)

John
    Luv2BSecure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.