A few doubts

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by aegis, Jun 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aegis

aegis Registered Member

Hi,

I have just downloaded NOD32 and have a few doubts. I searched this forum and NOD32 site but couldnt find anything clear. Apologies if its a repost.

Does NOD32 integrate with MS Office, i have had nasties getting into my computer from MS excel before.

Does real time web scanning mean protection from malware/trojans etc installing themselves from corrupt websites thru javascript. Its the biggest problem i have faced in the past even though i use opera with java disabled. (javascript enabled)

Do i need to have IE 5.5 and above for installing NOD32 or is IE 5.0 that comes with windows 98 SE enough.

Also can anyone recommend a good HIPS (host intrusion prevention system) for Win 98SE to run along with NOD32. I currently run NAV2003( i had upgraded to NAV 2005 but it slowed pc down horribly), outpost pro and reg run gold. Reg run is set to pick up traps for trojans at startup and notifies of any file replacement attempts or startup registry changes at shutdown and boot time. Is that a good enough configuration.

My system - Windows 98 SE, LAN internet 64kbps, 192 mb ram,outpost pro, regrun gold

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

That's what the DMON module is there for.

Yes. And should a nasty manage to slip through for some reason, AMON will kill it.

IE is not required for installation nor updating.

And about HIPS: http://syssafety.com/product.html.
    It should be free, but it's been ages since I last tried it. Also I'm not sure if it runs on anything below W2000.

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

Yes, DMON integrates with MS Office, DMON is the Document Monitor which monitors all Offic file formats or at least those types you set it to monitor.

IMON scans all http traffic before it touches your hdd, if set that way, this should handle your javascript problem.

NOD will run just fine with OP as I am doing the same here and a few others here do as well.

Not sure about Reg Run as I never heard of it, but I imagine it will work fine if you had no probs with it and NAV.

The version of IE you use is irrelevant with NOD.

4. aegis

aegis Registered Member

5. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I would suggest that you give Online Armor by Tall Emu a whirl, I'm pretty impressed with it.

Cheers :D

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.