A Different Kind of V4 FIX

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by COSMO26, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

After reporting No V4 Issues with their bigger clients my ESET vendor, ComputerSecurityAssociates.com, has steered me to a V4 ESS Time-outs Fix I haven’t seen. Just a single-user, I'm double-grateful for their Support! (Edit: No more Outlook Tx/RX issues either) --

Updated Drivers are Important but CSA fixed my V4 ESS Time-outs by (1) my UN-Installing "8" specific Non-Plug and Play Drivers in Device Mgr (took multi-steps in System Properties just to "See" them & “View Hidden Devices” in Device Mgr.), AND (2) V4 NOD32 SysInspector showed remnants of Norton even after I had paid B Buy to remove it and the typical junk apps found on new computers (I ran Norton Uninstall then)--- V3 Never an issue.

Drivers removal, CSA insists, is "machine specific" & Not a likely fix contributor for most, but I'll list the "8" below hoping their existence - removal - my great results offer some logic to evolving a solution. I did both Norton - Drivers Uninstalls before Re-installing ESS so (regrettably) I can’t say if one or both made the difference.

Non-Plug and Play Drivers Uninstalled: AMON, NOD32 Kernel Service, nod32drv, SAVRT, SAVRTPEL, Serial (had a Yellow ! which I'm told could mean "replaced prior" or "no longer there"), SymEvent, Symlcbrd.

Good luck to all!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Was the computer originally running NOD32 v2.7 and security software from Symantec?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. COSMO26

Yes, I had NOD32 V2.7 (1st install of NOD32 in Current "brand-new-at-the-time" Computer was Nov 06) - but before I left the store with the new computer B Buy "supposedly" wiped it of Symantec/Norton and other junk apps. Technically, I guess the computer "ran it" since Symantec/Norton was (HP) factory-installed and the machine had to be turned "On" to Delete it. Obviously, not "all" of Symantec/N was Removed by B Buy before I took it home.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  4. funkydude

funkydude Registered Member

That's a very long time with no disk format! :D

5. COSMO26

Sorry, I expected you to know that what I Said is not what I Meant. I edited above post to say "1st install of NOD32 in Current "brand-new-at-the-time" Computer was Nov 06".

I started with ESET in 10/03 but created a convoluted sentence in first post. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.