A couple of KIS 2013 questions

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Eggnog, Nov 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eggnog

Eggnog Registered Member

I'm new to the forums and just have a couple of questions about KIS 2013.

I've been reading these forums, and others, for a while and it seems that KIS or perhaps Norton are two IS suites to explore as capable IS solutions. I considered Bitdefender but reading some forums uncovered that even some of their users are a bit unhappy at the moment because of some sort of bugginess. So I've ruled BD out for the time being. I had been using free Avast + Privatefirewall + MBAM but decided I wanted to try a full-blown IS so here I am.

I've just installed the trial edition of KIS 2013 in Win 7, 4GB RAM, AMD 965 BE, 1TB drive, to test it out before purchase. The installation went smoothly. So here are my questions:

1. The initial update took well over 30 minutes after installation and before it would let me do a Critical Area and Rootkit scan. Is that length of time normal for an update, or is it just because it was a new installation?

2. Safe Money doesn't seem to work with Firefox 16.02. The addons from KIS are disabled and shown as incompatible. I'm told that a new update (C?) is supposed to fix that but they're still disabled and incompatible. How do I tell what update I have?

[short rant] Yet another app that decides to place a stupid gadget on your desktop. Why oh why are developers suddenly enamored with stupid gadgets? [end short rant]

Thanks.

2. Eggnog

Eggnog Registered Member

Thanks for the tip on speeding up the updates. I added that address and it did the second update in blistering time bringing me completely up to date.

Safe money is important to me, and one of the main reasons I was attracted to Kaspersky notwithstanding their reputation. It's kind of disappointing that it doesn't work with Firefox.

I'll soldier on with KIS for a while and test it out, but I will probably end up testing Norton and Bitdefender before I make a decision on a keeper.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

A v B type posts removed as per Tos.
    If you have specific question about the security solution you end up using please post when ready.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.